Help › Forums

BOXING?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 1 2014 7:50 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rollone
    772 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 10:09 AM

i quit watching when Irish Mickey Ward stopped fighting. IMO, one of the greats, because it was non stop action when he was fighting.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 1:04 PM
    My brother David, who is 30, was fast tracking UFC until he put a guy into a coma for two weeks...he quit. He was always high on someone named Alexis Arguello (sp ?) because of his "grace" as David called it.
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 2:09 PM

SweetiePie:
    My brother David, who is 30, He was always high on someone named Alexis Arguello (sp ?) because of his "grace" as David called it.

Alexis was a great fighter with some memorable fights in the late 70's and early 80's...he retired in ''83 after moving up in weight and getting beat twice by Aaron Pryor...made a comeback years later but wasn't half the fighter he once was...he died a few years ago in his 50's.

Pretty cool that his ability to fight is recognized and admired by someone born after he retired...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 7:50 PM

Arguello destroyed Scotland's Jim Watt to take his world title in 1981. Here's a post bout quote -

"I have a car business and if I had to do an estimate on my face, I would probably write it off." -Jim Watt

• PAGES
RSS