Fri, Aug 29 2014 1:24 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Aug 25 2014 11:47 PM

brad61:
    so i'd like a little return for the 50 buck a week i spend

August 24, 2014

• brad61 purchased the Callaway Hex Chrome+ Slow Meter Ball (L34+) in the Pro Shop.
    • brad61 purchased the NIKE RZN Red Vapor Ball (L42+) in the Pro Shop.

Start by sticking with one ball type, and then mapping properly.  After you get your stats under control try a credit entry tourney if you really fancy your chances.  Were the free brackets to become worth something (there are some non brackets worth a small amount anyway) the test would get harder and with your stats, no offense, but you ain't ready yet.  In time, with practice, very possibly, but as it stands not much of a hope.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Aug 26 2014 6:09 AM

Jimbog1964:

Start by sticking with one ball type, and then mapping properly.  After you get your stats under control try a credit entry tourney if you really fancy your chances.  Were the free brackets to become worth something (there are some non brackets worth a small amount anyway) the test would get harder and with your stats, no offense, but you ain't ready yet.  In time, with practice, very possibly, but as it stands not much of a hope.

And then, along with Alosso, we have the always direct, no-nonsence hidden wit of the 'bogger'. It is such a delight.

0h. As for enjoying a little 'bang for the buck', invest in a female.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Aug 26 2014 6:56 AM

What's the point of having free time? You don't get paid for it. :-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:28 AM

courteneyfish:

What's the point of having free time? You don't get paid for it. :-)

How true, how true. What is the point ? It reminds me of a friend that asked me if I wanted to go camping. Camping ? Tents ? Sleeping outside on the ground ? That is why I save and pay great attention to money....so I don't have to.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Tue, Aug 26 2014 7:51 AM

Camping is considered fun by quite a few, regardless of money objectives. But, I'm with you Sweets, preferring a mattress and a pillow plus a bar and a restaurant...

brad61:
    Maybe alosso uses the WGT free balls,,but i pay for mine...so i'd like a little return for the 50 buck a week i spend
    You might look into my profile instead of posting wrong assumptions mate.

The return which I expect for my money is a smooth meter and lots of fun. It amounts to 10 $ per month in the moment, showing that it's Golfing Season here and the discons leave the MP games quite unattractive now...

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 10:41 AM

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 10:52 AM

brad61:

Maybe alosso uses the WGT free balls,,but i pay for mine...so i'd like a little return for the 50 buck a week i spend

$50 per week ?????   wow  you need to learn to stay out of the water

• bradozz
    4 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 2:21 PM

its just fun. I like the game, not good at it, but fun. some of us might have disabilities, what this game does is help with concentration, focus, timing. I enjoy my time playing. as for the fifty a week spent on balls, drop it into a slot machine and see how that rattles ya. that's a blurry 3 seconds...

• castrokush
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 11:38 PM

I had a question, I've been in several bracket tourneys and every time I tie with someone they end up advancing to the next round. Why?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 1:24 AM

What a great thread, fun to read.

If I was to concur with the OP, I will give up my day job, and play WGT professionally and make my millions.

If I agree with Alosso, I will just play the game for recreation, for fun and enjoyment.

Now I am confused! Where is Jerry Springer when you need him?

• PAGES
RSS