Help › Forums

Whats the point ?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 29 2014 1:24 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • brad61
    192 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 11:25 PM

What is the point of the free Bracket Tournaments ?.As far as i know there is no prize, credits or trophy...only an email saying you won but you havn't one any credits..May aswell just go practice, after all we are using the paid for balls from WGT but get nothing in return for waiting 3 or 4 days for a result thats worth squat !

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Sun, Aug 24 2014 11:28 PM

+1. It does seem rather pointless. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Aug 25 2014 12:20 AM

I heard rumour that some take this as a game, playing for their fun and recreation. It may or may not be true, but in such case we need no prizes, neither virtual cups nor credits.

And, when seeking free credit wins, remember, there is no free lunch!

• DrinksBreak
    163 Posts
    Mon, Aug 25 2014 2:44 AM

alosso:

I heard rumour that some take this as a game, playing for their fun and recreation. It may or may not be true, but in such case we need no prizes, neither virtual cups nor credits.

So what point are you trying to make?

If you are playing for fun you do not need to enter tornys at all.

Are you saying there is no point to the original post?

Are you saying it is fine to enter a tournament (which by its very definition is competitive in nature) and have no winner?

What is it you are trying to convey?

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Aug 25 2014 2:54 AM

I'm not sure if you're in a CC or not, but the same thing could be said for free CC tourneys. If you win, you get nothing. If you want to win prizes/credits, play the free weekly and monthly tournaments, or play the "pay-to-play" brackets or RG's. The majority of players on here play for fun and relaxation. Myself included.

• DrinksBreak
    163 Posts
    Mon, Aug 25 2014 3:15 AM

jayw4862:
    I'm not sure if you're in a CC or not, but the same thing could be said for free CC tourneys. If you win, you get nothing

I do not know if you are in a CC, but we get a trophy in ours.

I get so frustrated on these forums with people who just want to discredit the person or the post rather than actually reading and comprehending what was said, and post stuff that is simply untrue to try and prove their point of view.

I play for fun too, but not one post in this thread answers the question as to why no trophy is given.

Don't get me wrong, I think the bracket format is a good idea and do not want it removed either.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Aug 25 2014 4:33 AM

DrinksBreak:

alosso:

So what point are you trying to make?

If you are playing for fun you do not need to enter tornys at all.

Are you saying there is no point to the original post?

Are you saying it is fine to enter a tournament (which by its very definition is competitive in nature) and have no winner?

What is it you are trying to convey?

Your Qs and statements are a bit weak for devil's advocacy, so they leave open what you are trying to convey.

Playing tourneys IS fun, and there IS a winner in each of them. Same for Brackets.

Regarding the OP, certainly there ain't no point in asking for rewards for playing this game to make it worth playing - who is delivering here and who is the client?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 25 2014 9:09 AM

alosso:
    I heard rumour that some take this as a game, playing for their fun and recreation

Gotta love the dry tender words of Alosso ! I do. I view the bracket gig much like I do with alt-shot...fun ~ SP ~

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Aug 25 2014 9:21 AM

You're always welcome Sweets!

• brad61
    192 Posts
    Mon, Aug 25 2014 11:34 PM

Maybe alosso uses the WGT free balls,,but i pay for mine...so i'd like a little return for the 50 buck a week i spend

• PAGES
RSS