Forums

Help › Forums

RE: Equipment

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 11 2010 9:44 AM (4 replies)
  • Bill3574
    67 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 7:22 AM

Funny how I went and bought some balls that is supposed to slow down the swing meter, but the balls I bought has messed my game up completely. The balls not only made my meter skip, but is now twice as fast. I also don't have hardly any trouble with my swing meter except on drives and on the green especially on the green. why is the meter doing that on equipment bought in the Pro shop. I have had good luck with the starter equipment now I have nothing but trouble since I bought a good driver , Irons ,and putter. I think WGT ought to fix this meter and loading problems. It has really messed up my game. And it is also no fun playing because of these problems.

• jamesmcaleer
    1 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 9:12 AM

I also agree with this i bought a new putter and new balls and my putting has got worse, also the meter keeps sticking since i bought the putter it has to be sorted out.

• gorjez
    1 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 9:44 AM

I have experienced this very same problem. Putting has become much more difficult since purchasing a new putter and 'improved balls'.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 12:29 PM

Hi Bill.  Not sure this is your issue, but it takes time to get familiar with new equipment.  Most of the upgraded clubs have a faster meter speed than the Starter equipment.  I see you have tried 5 or 6 different balls in the past month.  Check out the specs carefully as they perform differently including how they affect speed...and when you buy a new type of ball, it might take even more time to learn how it works with your equipment.  One thing I've done, that seems to help, is I try to match my clubs so they all have similar characteristics and so I don't need to adjust for the meter on every shot and I try to use the same ball.  When I get used to something, even switching from Starter equipment can be frustrating. 

I hope this helps...let me know if I'm off base.

Joey 

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 1:36 PM

Bill,

There are many ways too help your meter problem out.

Play the game in Firefox, or Google chrome. I.E. was not designed to play flash games!

Go to

IObit.com

Look for there free registry..Advanced system care..you don't need to pay for the pro version. This de-frags your registry and many other things. I set mine to run every night whilst IM sleeping.

Make sure your virus scanner is idle before you play.

Any other questions? Message me.

RSS