Help › Forums

Aug 2014 New country club features

Sat, Jul 11 2015 4:55 AM (230 replies)
  • mrindone
    77 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 12:58 PM

Dubfore:

This might have been asked before.

Has WGT considered giving the clubs an 8 player bracket option?   I'm sure that more clubs are having trouble sometimes filling the 16 player..

Anyone? 

LMAO. "More clubs having trouble" ???  Thought your club was sooooo great ? Can't fill a 16 person bracket ? You need  to have 8 person brackets  Dub ? Where are all your happy, satisfied , fully participating members ??? Ah , just what I thought / knew.  "Cheers" mate !!!! 

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 1:10 AM

No abusive assumptions mentioned MrUndone?  You are a revelation.  Go somewhere else and play with your keyboard, you make a good impression on yourself. Grow up ffs!

I repeat, all clubs are better off without your type.  The club is ticking along nicely, we signed up 5 more satisfied members since you were dumped.  And for what it's worth, we're in the 2nd round of a 16 player bracket as I type this.

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 9:58 AM

The new country club changes are very good, one of the better things that WGT has done in a good while.

Regarding the CC Pass, I think they should accumulate rather than only be granted after 12 hours.    Give us one or two a day and cap the most you can have at 10 or so, the 12 hour deal is sort of silly.

For those of us who use shot pal and putter pal, the freebie is great, think the notiebook would be a good freebie as well if you can get it working properly again.

In terms of the ranked rounds now coming out of CC tournaments set from easier tees.  I don't care and I doubt that many of the other tour legends do.   I've watched hundreds of players advance the easy way, wear out a course that is easy from the master tees, like STA or Kiawah only to move back to the legend tees and realize they weren't ready.

Once they hit the legend or tour legend tier they are moved into tournaments with that tier and then complain about the scoring.    Best to play all the courses and rank up that way instead of trying to cheat the system, which only cheats you.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,869 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 12:47 PM

So where is the 5% "extra" in WGT points when you use the PASS? To quote WGT...

At Club Level 6, they have unlocked a number of country club benefits, including a free Putter Pal and Shot Pal for all of their members, and earning +5% Club XP when members play using a Pass. You can earn the same benefits with your club as you continue leveling up.

Ain't there. Not for the CC, not for the WGT member.

Certainly would help me pay an extra 37 credits to get one. Here is my last night's game...880 for consecutive days, 400 for completing 18 hole ranked round, and 64 for my score. Where's the extra 67 for me and my Country Club?

AIN'T THERE!

photo 489ce229-4f56-4d54-8ea7-056ae82330eb_zpsd59ed42c.png

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 2:22 PM

You should have received 2% extra for yourself, too!

Can anybody from the high stake CCs confirm this miss? Courteney?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 7:00 PM
    It doesn't show in the graphic but is added afterwards. My inhouse numbers geek checked it out.
  • alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 9:46 PM

OIC - another display feature raising suspicion that the company does half jobs (?)

Thanks for sharing your insight!

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,869 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 8:26 AM

Hummmmm........

Wouldn't it be some good publicity for WGT if they put the info of EXTRA POINTS on the end of game banner?

So to test Courteney's statement, I played a PASS game and checked "eveything" as I went along. Before the game began, I had CONTRIBUTIONS of 35,060 and my CURRENT POINTS were 1,762,126.

I played the back 9 at St A's and after every hole I checked my stats. Curiously after 3 holes my score was 10 and my CONTRIBUTIONS had increased 10 (so far so good), but my CURRENT POINTS were up 11 (?).

After 6 holes my score was 22 and my CONTRIBUTIONS had increased 23 (?) and my POINTS were +23 as well. (I thought computers could at least "add".)

After 9 holes my score was 32 and the WGT banner said "I had added 222 points to my Country Club"  (190 points for completing a tournament game,and 32 for my score.)

Actually, my CONTRIBUTION POINTS had increased to 35,297...+237, NOT just 222. Taking 237 and dividing by 222 = +6.76%. A very odd percentage increase, and not expected at all.

My personal CURRENT POINTS had increased 227, not 222, or +2.25%. Again, not as I expected.

I'm not sure why my points in both categories did not calculate out to what I expected, but it seems WGT "IS" increasing the points, even if invisibly.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 9:28 AM

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 10:41 AM

Heck my PC running Vista and IE9...other than an occasional skippy meter worx pretty well :)

TopShelf2010:

Wontonamo:
    guessing IE8 is getting a bit old now :(

If it makes you feel any better Wontonamo, the laptop that I use to play WGT on still has Vista as its OS. LOL

RSS