Forums

Help › Forums

L32 R11 irons vs L59 Ping G25 irons.. Help pls?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 28 2014 9:50 PM (20 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 9:50 PM

I just recently purchased the Ping G25 L59 irons to put in my back pocket for a slower meter when I'm streaming on Twitch (or when playing blitz etc) . I like the traj. and the value and I might use them with a cheap ball, e.g. the lethals. (2.5 spin/meter) or the Srixon L11s.   

I have Nike's but I might have bit off a little too much, and I might use them more in the future. Those might have been like giving a child a Katana instead of a pocket knife.

I just played B9 on Merion and I had good results from the Pings. (3 under, which is a shock for me) No surprises, but I was using a Nike 42 ball w/ 3.5 spin and meter. Got a few birdies and choked the drive on the last hole = bogey. So, here I mope, but I have nothing but good hopes w/ the G25s. Rhymes?

I'd might only add that you have to have the right meter ball to get that powerbar speed just where you want it w/ these irons.

edit:

Pinehurst F9, same Nike balls, epic fail...4 bogeys. Worst.Score.Ever.

I was taken off guard at the forgiveness, ended up in the mulch.

2nd edit:

great replay, almost in the hole  using the G25s

Thanks WGT for the gift, the Nike red vapor 42 balls because they seem to be working w/ my new G25 L59 irons real well. (irons working great on Cong., Merion, Kia...but not so much PH) 

I used the advice '2damflashy' of at this POST and she got closer than I usually hit.

Kia #14 'bowl hole'

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=b9b90d7f-55fb-4843-9111-a3970138856c

or click below to see the replay

Replay Kia 14

RSS