Forums

Help › Forums

L32 R11 irons vs L59 Ping G25 irons.. Help pls?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 28 2014 9:50 PM (20 replies)
  • ChromeSlayer
    156 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 7:06 PM

So i have had the L32 R11's irons for some time now and they are great irons! I wanted to get some better irons but i am only L60 currently. wanted something with high trajectory! so i looked at all the irons that are available to me at my level. and it looks like the L59 Ping G25 irons are the best option for me but they are very simalair to my r11's and the high trajectory instead of the med/high like the r11's have! so my question is the L59 G25's that mcuh better then the r11's?? is it worth the upgrade?? i am a little worried about the forgiveness on the L59 irons also but i use L60 nike balls now and with the slow meter the G25's  have i dont think it will be a issue.. so if you guyz could help me out with this on letting me know if its worth the upgrade from the L32 r'11s to the L59 G25's that would be awesome! thanks!

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 5:33 AM

ChromeSlayer:

So i have had the L32 R11's irons for some time now and they are great irons! I wanted to get some better irons but i am only L60 currently. wanted something with high trajectory! so i looked at all the irons that are available to me at my level. and it looks like the L59 Ping G25 irons are the best option for me but they are very simalair to my r11's and the high trajectory instead of the med/high like the r11's have! so my question is the L59 G25's that mcuh better then the r11's?? is it worth the upgrade?? i am a little worried about the forgiveness on the L59 irons also but i use L60 nike balls now and with the slow meter the G25's  have i dont think it will be a issue.. so if you guyz could help me out with this on letting me know if its worth the upgrade from the L32 r'11s to the L59 G25's that would be awesome! thanks!

Never had the 32 TMs but did have the g20's aka g25's got me to legend 

i dont think you can go wrong with those irons

well never mind i see ya got them lol

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 10:12 AM

I had both.. lvl 59 G25's are probably the best set of irons you can get until you reach the high level G25's.   I just bought the Bladez and they're a POS.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 11:34 AM

ISH47:
    I just bought the Bladez and they're a POS.

Can only go by my recollection.

I found then excellent overall once mapped.  Miss the ding at all wrong side of the wind and they will shaft you, but v close to the L90 R11s overall.  The PW has a very useful punch too.

Hopefully you will grow to like them having just spent the $s.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 12:33 PM

ISH47:
    I just bought the Bladez and they're a POS

thats the key word here ish just need some playing time is all great clubs as jim said way better than the 59 pings or the 83 pings

(and if you go out and shoot a 25 first round with a new set of irons something is a miss in my book just saying )

and missing with the wind is bad with any set of clubs jim lol

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 2:42 PM

Yeah, I know there's gonna be a learning curve.. A rather lengthy one too it appears. Only thing I've learned so far is that I don't need to add 5 yds to the RBZ when using full bs.. it doesn't seem as though full bs hurts distance the way it did with the Pings.

Even though those Pings weren't rated with a lot of forgiveness, they had it.. The RBZ forgive NOTHING.. LOL

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 3:08 PM

I think you lose about 2% of distance full b/s once you get to higher spin clubs and balls

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 3:14 PM

ISH47:

Yeah, I know there's gonna be a learning curve.. A rather lengthy one too it appears. Only thing I've learned so far is that I don't need to add 5 yds to the RBZ when using full bs.. it doesn't seem as though full bs hurts distance the way it did with the Pings.

Even though those Pings weren't rated with a lot of forgiveness, they had it.. The RBZ forgive NOTHING.. LOL

lol just remember hit close to the ding and miss into the wind thats what i did with the r11's and the speedy azz meter lol

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 3:24 PM

fatdan:

I think you lose about 2% of distance full b/s once you get to higher spin clubs and balls

That sounds about right, I believe it was maybe 5% w/lvl 59 Pings..

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 3:40 PM

spdemon:
    just remember hit close to the ding and miss into the wind

That's excellent advice..  but.. You see, there are 2 kinds of shooters here at the WGT.. 

You've got your "meter competent" players such as yourself, and then.. you have me. Or what I refer to as "meter retarded" players.. lol..

Players such as myself always aim for the ding.. but sadly, we either hit it short or long. Now, if we try to aim short of the ding, we'll end up hooking it into the trees.. and if we aim long of the ding, we'll be wet.

Of course, I'm exaggerating a tad.. but I said all that just to make the point that it's not as easy as "make sure to miss into the wind".. lol.. If I could do that every time.. I damn sure would.

RSS