Forums

Help › Forums

Respect : MrCaddies Christmas give away

Fri, Aug 1 2014 9:32 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 9:31 PM

I have seen the best from this community .

And I have seen ***** 

My respect is for them that have been there and done that , 

For the ones who were here for the first Mr Caddie give away .

I respect the time that goes into setting up and getting something like this to happen .

When this was set up , I did not ask any one  on a PM or friend to join .

It was open to all to offer .

This is why respect is more than the game to me .

Santas lined up to give back to this game that goes on some place other than Yancy land .  Mystery Gift .

I also respect WGT  for offering  to join in with out me asking .

The respect  to my friends and the new ones that helped me make all this happen .

You do not have to be a Big $ winner here in WGT land to walk away with a better prize

OPY 

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 11:30 PM

And to you Opy for taking on the time & headaches you knew were coming  to make it happen again.

Thomas

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 2:49 AM

Aye, respect to u Opy.

Hit me up the next time this happens.

I want to be a giver.

O    N    E    Y    E

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 6:41 AM

Dont let the haters and losers get to you Opy . We had fun and thats all that matters . The main people who had nothing good to say or do also had nothing to give either . They did have their hand stuck out though to receive . So dont let them get to you .

It just goes to prove the saying true , " No good deed goes unpunished " . So let the players hate because thats what haters do  Let the losers whine , just give them some cheese to go with it . But whatever you do , dont let them get next to you . Misery loves company and we dont run with that crowd . :-)

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 7:18 AM

oneeyedjohn:
    I want to be a giver.

nobody wants STD's John ... Hahaha

good job OP , sorry i wasn't ant help this time ...

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 8:40 AM

OPY,you did great , 99.9%   of us  are proud to be part of this great gifting drive that lasted 12 days.........               99.9%  of us would do it again in a heart beat .          This is good for WGT community,   good for us older members ,good for WGT  owner and staff.   Hope to see all of us  in December for the  Holliday  gifting drive from Santa .                  Merci mon ami   Francois (Frapp) .

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 3:27 PM

Opy-

Wow! Where do I start?

Two years ago when I wrote the first "Help Wanted......Santas Needed" post this was the very first response in the thread-

"it's a big ask but good luck"

and look where we are now two years later. We've had four of these events, given away hundreds of gifts and hopefully made the game more enjoyable for many.

opyeuclid:

My respect is for them that have been there and done that , 

For the ones who were here for the first Mr Caddie give away .

I respect the time that goes into setting up and getting something like this to happen .

I have to tell you, those Santas from the very first event.....man, did they take a leap of faith! Heck, I wasn't even sure I could pull it off, but there they were and they nailed it!

As far as" setting these up and getting something like this to happen", I'm sure this wasn't easy for you, but I applaud your tenacity to make this event a success.

opyeuclid:
    The respect  to my friends and the new ones that helped me make all this happen .

I just checked my friends list, I have 116 friends and 79 of them have played Santa during one of these events, lots of them multiple times, some of them from the very beginning. So, those new friends you made....keep them on your friends list because they're the best one's to have.

I'll be back in November to set up "Christmas 2014" but with only "12 Days of Christmas" and so many Santas I have a plan to make it possible for a lot more Santas to participate (hint, hint). I'll send you a PM soon and fill you in on the details.

In closing Opy,  thank you again so much for continuing the "12 Days of Christmas" tradition. You did an excellent job and thank you again for telling me, and showing me, how important things like this are to the community.

To all the Santas that helped Opy pull this off.....a huge thank you to you as well!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Wayne/MC

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 4:04 PM

One word for Wayne & Opy .....

WOW

you guys rock in my eyes .

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 5:41 PM

Just another example of good people doing great things.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 6:47 PM

Full Kudos to you Opy for organising this event,  also to Wayne for starting this a couple of years ago.

Tons of credit goes to all the Santas, past, present and those who are hidden - it all makes for a better WGT community.

Although this is a virtual community, it has the make up of a cross section of life from different backgrounds and cultures, just like in the real world.

Seeing others help out players who are in need, whether in equipment or time taken to explain how to improve their games is great to see, and makes me proud to be a part of it.

Then on the other hand when you come across the rude and obnoxious, the greedy or those with their own agenda in ganging up and ridiculing others, you also see the dark side of the community.

I suppose it just mirrors real life.

• PAGES
RSS