Help › Forums

Connection issues for the last 24 hours

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:09 AM (26 replies)
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 11:47 AM

WillyBigg:

Please reroute around this IP as it is not reliable.

How can WGT choose the route?

My understanding of how the Internet works prevents WGT from having that degree of control. Notwithstanding that the route to my computer is likely different than the route to your computer and involves different IP addresses, networks, routers, and servers..

The Internet is designed so packets of data do not all have to take the same route.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_protocol_suite

TCP/IP provides end-to-end connectivity specifying how data should be formatted, addressed, transmitted, routed and received at the destination. This functionality has been organized into four abstraction layers which are used to sort all related protocols according to the scope of networking involved.[1][2] From lowest to highest, the layers are the link layer, containing communication technologies for a single network segment (link), the internet layer, connecting hosts across independent networks, thusestablishing internetworking, the transport layer handling host-to-host communication, and the application layer, which provides process-to-process application data exchange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packet_switching

Packet switching features delivery of variable bitrate data streams (sequences of packets) over a shared network which allocates transmission resources as needed using statistical multiplexing or dynamic bandwidth allocation techniques. When traversing network adapters, switches, routers, and othernetwork nodes, packets are buffered and queued, resulting in variable delay and throughput depending on the network's capacity and the traffic load on the network.

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 4:13 PM

What I know is that wgt is being kept from connecting to my computer somewhere outside of my area. This has been verifed by my IP tech (top tier). My wife's laptop will do the same thing as my PC when this is happening. Same thing is happening to my brother across town. This "load manager error" is intermittant . Roughly 90% of the day, then without me making any change, it will allow me to play for 45 minutes or so, then wgt is gone again for several hours.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 5:25 PM

I am sorry but we have no control over that part of the route - it is a bummer though.  I hate anything that keeps me and us from playing

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 6:55 AM

Thanks for replying WGTadmin2. The problem continues this morning. It was fine for 2 hours last night up till I went to bed. This morning at first it was fine, then went away again for a half hour. It's back for the moment, that's the shortest time it's been out. Hopefully that section of the data pipe is being corrected slowly. I'll let you know

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 9:01 AM

WillyBigg:

The problem is due to pccwbtn.net  which is  "Beyond The Network America"

IP Address  63.218.23.17  The issue stems from the Dallas TX. connection

"Beyond The Network America"

BTNA is a Ukrainian operated spammer-friendly/spammer-operated service. More and more carriers are refusing to peer with them due to the amount of spam that emanates from their IP ranges. Most business networks block all traffic from their IP ranges. At last check they had IP assignments in the US, China and Ukraine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peering

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Sat, Aug 2 2014 4:45 PM

Thank you Apex for this piece of interesting info. I had not found that yet. I appreciate you continuing to look into this issue. I hope I can continue to reply here, this connectivity problem is not getting any better. 

I'll stick with the free ball & hopefully I can get in one hole each day for cdp. Anything else is not worth the hassle.

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 3:44 PM

WGTadmin2:
    I am sorry but we have no control over that part of the route - it is a bummer though

Really ??? WillyBigg has put in a huge effort and tried all that he can to solve the issue and an official reply from WGT  is (in summary) - sorry its a bummer. Really ?? These problems are very frustrating for your customers - PAYING CUSTOMERS. 

Well i suppose its a little less patronising than posting CYC (clear your cache). I would highly recommend that you guys get serious with your customer service & technical dept while there are still customers to be pissed off.

The online arena evolves at a fast fast pace and the next best thing is probably in development as we speak. WGTs customer service is likely to drive its customers directly into the waiting servers of its rivals.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 3:02 PM

Premed:

WGTadmin2:
    I am sorry but we have no control over that part of the route - it is a bummer though

Really ??? WillyBigg has put in a huge effort and tried all that he can to solve the issue and an official reply from WGT  is (in summary) - sorry its a bummer. Really ?? These problems are very frustrating for your customers - PAYING CUSTOMERS. 

Well i suppose its a little less patronising than posting CYC (clear your cache). I would highly recommend that you guys get serious with your customer service & technical dept while there are still customers to be pissed off.

The online arena evolves at a fast fast pace and the next best thing is probably in development as we speak. WGTs customer service is likely to drive its customers directly into the waiting servers of its rivals.

Yes. Really ! ! ! !

No one - NOT EVEN WGT - has control of all the many connections that comprise the Internet path from your computer to WGT.

The further you are physically from WGT's servers the more steps there are.

WGT players in Australia have report 30+ steps between their computer and WGT.

It costs nothing to play WGT, with the exception of the 2 Tru Golf courses WGT does not own.

We buy balls, clubs, and accessories at our discretion, but do not have to buy anything to play WGT.

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 3:43 PM

I have no porblem paying for a good product or service that i want or like. Like many players I buy credits to pay for clubs and balls - I dont have to but I want to - and that makes me a paying customer. In the same way that i can walk past any shop - i dont have to buy their stuff but sometimes i want to and that makes me a paying customer. 

WGT for their part in accepting payment in return for goods or services should have the same legal duty to their customer as any high street shop and one of the basic dutuies is that the goods should be fit for purpose and clearly many of their paying customers are disgruntled with the quality of the product that they - want to (not have to)-  pay for. It is a discetionary spend on  our behalf and if customers are treated badly they generally go else whare.

I for one dont want to see that happen because i really enjoy this game. The only reason i am on the forum right now is because i cannot access the game client again, and this is only 24hrs after paying for 5000 credits.

ApexPC:
    It costs nothing to play WGT, with the exception of the 2 Tru Golf courses WGT does not own.

Sorry but thats not true. There is the cost of electricity to power a PC, the capital cost of the PC itself, the cost of a braodband connection, the cost of data usage if one is unlucky enough not to have large data usage allowances. In reality there must be paying customers like me for WGT to exist because im sure advertising alone would not make them enough money to operate the game.

I am not the greatest tech head going but i do understand the basics of computers and internet connections. I use many, many online services of different types such as, - Social Media, Online Banking, online bill pay, goverment services such as Revenue, email, online newspapers, concert ticket purchase, hotel booking  etc etc but i have never experienced anywhere near the same level of problems with any of of these as i have with WGT, and yet all of these use the same internet as WGT.

ApexPC:
    We buy balls, clubs, and accessories at our discretion, but do not have to buy anything to play WGT

That is perfectly true but lots of people buy stuff to enhance their enjoyment of the game, these customers do not deserve to be told  - thats a bummer- when they cant use the product they paid for

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 9:36 AM

Premed:
    these customers do not deserve to be told  - thats a bummer- when they cant use the product they paid for

I agree members should not be told "thats a bummer" ever.  And I don't see how its relevant that we have the option to buy anything to play WGT.  We're members ffs!

WGTadmin2:

I am sorry but we have no control over that part of the route.....

This is typical.  WGT never accepts responsibility.  "Its a Flash problem"  or "We have no control over the surveys, or videos, or offers..." or  "That's your computer's problem"

WGT should have responded to the OP like this.....'We've forwarded your report to our IT department and they contacted our host who will investigate and try to resolve the problem on our end.'

Its a fundamental of the internet that anyone can connect to anyone.  Its part of the service WGT is paying its host Datapoint to provide!  Each carrier has a NOC (network operations center) with a phone number.    Datapoint can contact the troublesome carrier and file a report.  As can the OP's ISP Cox.  They could also work their way up or down the chain of carriers and file reports.  If the issue with the poor router is not resolved then, as was previously stated, carriers can stop peering with that carrier, pull the plug on it and change their routing tables to use a reliable network.

RSS