putters

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 4 2014 6:32 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:57 PM

jeepie411:

Too me it is about the speed and the increments that suit your game.  As with all your clubs most players will have clubs with the same or similar swing meter . The increments are more of a personal issue. For me it is easier to figure out the % of a 10 or 100 ft putter vrs a 90 or 15 foot one

Increments:This is the most important aspect of the putter you journey with. The starter putter begins most on the 15-30-60 road. Some here, make a break early and go to the 10 - 20 - 100 route. As time goes by, the choice made early on will stick in your brain with regard to how much % you choose. It is difficult to make a change with this after thousands of putts are hit. Either direction chosen is correct. The top grade of putters are all great if you stick with the increment you are trained by. 

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 9:08 AM

I have another putter question. I currently use the starter putter and count the backswing increments to judge the distance of my swing. IE: 6' 12' 18' etc....

I tried the spyder putter during the free weekend rental and it only went back 1 increment. Is this the way the better putter clubs "work" or was my computer having a bad day?

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Tue, Jul 29 2014 7:06 PM

Marco129:

I have another putter question. I currently use the starter putter and count the backswing increments to judge the distance of my swing. IE: 6' 12' 18' etc....

I tried the spyder putter during the free weekend rental and it only went back 1 increment. Is this the way the better putter clubs "work" or was my computer having a bad day?

Yes depending on which increment you were using will also depend on power level as well . Of course this you know . There are so many movements per increment levels . Not sure of the spyders increments but they all work the same once you learn them .

• DPierce3
    3 Posts
    Mon, Aug 4 2014 6:32 PM

ghost spyder at any level?

• PAGES
RSS