Help › Forums

putters

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 4 2014 6:32 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kurtislow123
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 1:19 PM

is upgrating your putter worth the credits? seems like all the reviews of the better putters are positive. they all have someone that says its the best putter in the game.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 3:54 PM

Many of the upper putters are great ! it is up to you, do you miss many putts ?

I have seen a legend today with your putter that could not miss a single putt !!

But in general I think you could find it easier to putt with an upgrade !

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 4:12 PM

kurtislow123:

is upgrating your putter worth the credits? seems like all the reviews of the better putters are positive. they all have someone that says its the best putter in the game.

you cant believe the reviews and most of them have moved on to something different just have to find one that fits you the daytona, lvl 66 ghost, or the lvl 70 versa (maybe the max also ) are good putters imo also better than what u have now 

i think its worth a upgrade but use the one you chose for a while not just a week and sell it 

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 4:24 PM

Too me it is about the speed and the increments that suit your game.  As with all your clubs most players will have clubs with the same or similar swing meter . The increments are more of a personal issue. For me it is easier to figure out the % of a 10 or 100 ft putter vrs a 90 or 15 foot one

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 6:05 PM

Either the 55+ Daytona or the 70+ Versa#1 putter . Both are excellent putters and worth getting . The Daytona took me to Legend and the Versa 70+ took me to Tour Legend . You wont go wrong with either one . At your level the 70+ would be the ideal one if you have the credits to spend . It would be an upgrade to last a very long time which is what you really want to do . Hope this helps and good luck with your game :-)

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 6:09 PM

lonniescott711:
    70+ Versa#1 putter

That's next on my wish list. I tried it over the free rental weekend and it was sweet.

• DrSlick
    142 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 6:26 PM

I didn't think I would ever part with the Daytona as it would not make a difference. But, the L70 versa has surpassed my expectations !

so whatever your style (ding, off ding, or slight to moderate off dinger like me) the better putters likely do make a difference.

Tim

• JDShoemaker
    209 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 7:19 PM

For what it is worth, I say YES.  The 1st club up upgrade in ur bag should be the putter upgrade and buy the best one u can afford!  I waited until I reached pro and went with the Ghost, and now I am using a Max and both were worth the credits.  Both have fairly fast swing speeds, but once u adjust it is easy to see why they are expensive.

Just a hackers, (Master) Opinion, but consider it

GL  JDS

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:01 PM

when there are free club trials, look up the ones you're interested and try them out. Daytona is used by many as it the Ghost Spyder, and the Nike Method. I have had the Method for a while and it does well. You have to give yourself time to adjust to it which I've found can be hard to do. :-)

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:11 PM

The L70 Versa is great if you can afford it.. If not, the L55 Rossa is a good upgrade.

• PAGES
RSS