rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 4 2014 5:44 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 2:47 PM

alcaucin:
    Took me 4 months too

and another 4 months before being back in moderation LOL :))

Come on WGT - Andy is reformed .....again, pull your head in and take him off moderation - do you really want someone who spends $$$$$ to play less or leave? (sorry Andy saw your 10th day of Christmas post.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 6:04 PM

iaaR ( R ) V ft

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jul 31 2014 6:39 PM

alcaucin:

alanti:

jayw4862:

I think it would be a great idea to have every new player come to the forums as part of the intro to WGT. So many new players have no idea that the forum is here, and is loaded with really good advice, tips, and help. It might lessen the frustration of those trying to figure the game out on their own, before finally finding this treasure trove of info, or just giving up.

+1

It took me over a year till I found the forums! I wish I had found them earlier for the reasons you state.

To increase awareness WGT could easily add this to the XP objectives.

Now that's a constructive post...Jay

Took me 4 months too

I'll "3rd" this.

I found WGT in 2010 through Pebble Beach...my buddy sent me a 6 string link...lol...anyways, all we did was play Pebble and email our scores back and forth -of and on for a few months- then by some stroke of luck we noticed the "WGT.Com" in the address bar...then we found this place....but still took me a few months to find the forums.

But thinking about it after 11K+ posts...maybe it'd have been better had I not;)

Eff it, 4 years of fun and hanging in there!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 1 2014 12:37 AM

MBaggese:

alcaucin:

alanti:

jayw4862:

I think it would be a great idea to have every new player come to the forums as part of the intro to WGT. So many new players have no idea that the forum is here, and is loaded with really good advice, tips, and help. It might lessen the frustration of those trying to figure the game out on their own, before finally finding this treasure trove of info, or just giving up.

+1

It took me over a year till I found the forums! I wish I had found them earlier for the reasons you state.

To increase awareness WGT could easily add this to the XP objectives.

Now that's a constructive post...Jay

Took me 4 months too

I'll "3rd" this.

I found WGT in 2010 through Pebble Beach...my buddy sent me a 6 string link...lol...anyways, all we did was play Pebble and email our scores back and forth -of and on for a few months- then by some stroke of luck we noticed the "WGT.Com" in the address bar...then we found this place....but still took me a few months to find the forums.

But thinking about it after 11K+ posts...maybe it'd have been better had I not;)

Eff it, 4 years of fun and hanging in there!

+4

Great Idea

-Roger

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Aug 4 2014 2:13 AM

Ummmm... 

On the game client, in the middle are WGT Suggestions, "play the first 9 at Kiawah" - "Learn to Equip Your Bag"

and ''Join in the WGT Forum community"  (sic)

When I first started , the forums was one of the first things I looked for as well as follwing all the immediate advice / tutorials.
    Forums are where you will always glean , whats going on., 

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Aug 4 2014 5:44 AM

I'm sorry, I don't mean to belittle anyone - How the f**k did it take any longer than, oh say, 2 mins to find the forum? There's a navigation link right to it along the top.

You don't even have to be logged into get it, just go to the login window and it appears.

As far as being moderated, well I don't know but apparently calling people out on stupid st*t they do and cursing at them will get you back to a moderated state again, this I can attest to personally. 

Speaking of which, how long that going to go on for? Getting a little annoying.

• PAGES
RSS