Forums

Help › Forums

"WATCH VIDEOS" VIRUS..MALWARE?

Mon, Oct 6 2014 1:08 PM (53 replies)
  • tommysocks
    46 Posts
    Wed, Jul 23 2014 3:50 PM

I am running Firefox and getting the same issues. Supersonic is killing what little reputation WGT has. WGT, you need to sort out Supersonic Ads, ASAP.

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Wed, Jul 23 2014 5:38 PM

At least it isn't affecting my videos I get, got 50+ credits as of now today.

Though they should pay up their credits the users are owed, if not be sued for millions by WGT or someone else (e.g, another user who is rich).

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Jul 23 2014 6:32 PM

At least WGT is aware of the problem now. So, hopefully, maybe, cross-our-fingers, it will be fixed on the next downtime which will be either this week or next. Clicking the "x" in the search bar, right before the little black box loads, will stop the redirect, and still keep the carousel and others vids available. But, you have to time it just right, or nothing will load.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Aug 5 2014 7:52 AM

Its back ,   

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Wed, Aug 6 2014 7:50 AM

The redirect is happening because your computer is infected, gohip or something is running on your system. 

I don't get it, I don't do anything anymore with the free credit stuff here because most of it is crap and some will dump malware onto a windows machine. 

If you want to avoid that stuff, redo your computer and then stop using the earn credit junk here.

• kompas2087
    2 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 3:52 PM

The ads are back!

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 4:55 PM

It hit me today also , 3rd vid of 7 . did a flash clean and still , did a browser washing and still 

Ran a Diskcleanup on my computer , did vid 4 to 7 no problem after that .

iaaR ( R ) V ft 

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 11:03 AM

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 11:15 AM

Here's how to stop the redirect (it has been doing that for two days now..again!!!). Enable adblock (install it if you don't have it), and let the page load. Once it's loaded, disable it to watch the vids and carousel. The redirect is the vid that says "Watch this entire video for credits". It sends you to the healthguru site. the video will still be there, but it won't redirect you.

• Marco129
    275 Posts
    Mon, Sep 8 2014 1:07 PM

jayw4862:

ZioMio:
    Did you run any Rootkit scans?

Yes. Because of the surveys/videos, I run a rootkit scan 3-4 times per week. I run the spyware/malware daily (every time I log off from the internet).

Good point for those people who only run virus and malware scans, though. A lot of malware/spyware/trojans/viruses can only be deleted if found, and sometimes, the rootkit scan finds things the others missed. Thanks.

Hopefully this is not to off topic.

I am very adventurous and try many "free" programs. I was recently looking for video recording software and suddenly the "Health Guru" redirects started surfacing during normal game play. I wasn't aware of this persistent problem on  WGT, so I assumed one of the new programs I installed was the culprit.

Most application's uninstall programs leave many files, directories, and rootkits on your computer. For years I have been using the free version of Revo uninstaller. This program first runs the targeted application's uninstall program and once completed runs additional scans to allow the user to delete all the leftover files (including  rootkits). You will be amazed how many files and bits are leftover after uninstalling an application.

There is a costly pro version, but the free version works great, and is my preferred way to uninstall unwanted programs.

Direct link: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Cnet link: http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

photo baa309bc-57b9-4c49-ab91-5031d95e4c0c_zps10d5bf44.png

- Mark

RSS