Help › Forums

Liverpool FC

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 29 2010 12:06 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • luckysump
    638 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 7:51 AM

Boston Red Sox owners have bought Liverpool FC subject to a legal Dispute. is this a good thing or a bad thing. Liverpool FC are in need of help. i'm  a football fan not Liverpool FC but what do WGT's English players think of this. what do you American footbal fans think of it. Infact, what do Footbal fan's all over the world think of this.

TA

• billyeva
    57 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 9:24 AM

The MLS commissioner has said that the new owners have a much better standing than Hicks and Gillette, i don't know if this is true or not. I think it would be better if they were using their own money and not massive loans like the previous owners. They need to do something soon because when we played them earlier this season at Anfield they were terrible.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 9:41 AM

Im a pool fan myself, and i honestly dont know what to make of this. On 1 hand, i would have preferred a middle eastern group buying us. On the other hand, these guys seem to be doing well with the red sox, as far as i know. We can only wait and see what happens. Lets hope something good comes out of it.

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 10:56 AM

It couldn't get any more comical. For six months the SOS (Sons Of Shankly) brigade have been parading flags and distributing leaflets around the city and analfield calling for YANKS OUT. The next (potential) owners, are guess what? an American outfit. And the kopites are jumping around with glee thinking 'we are gonna be great again'. So I look forward to the same flags and leaflets with out deleted and in inserted.

It's sad to see a club soliciting itself around the world for potential buyers in pursuit of former glories. Wanting to buy success rather than develop players from the youth system. Over £300m spent over the last 10 years on dud players, and the best two are aging scousers who they stole from Everton. Not one youth player has made the grade since these two while Everton have produced dozens.

I hope this next outfit prove as ineffectual as the last bunch of incumbents and take these b@stard sons of Everton into oblivion.

The Yak

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 12:07 PM

I know nthing about Soccer (as we call it) but I can tell you the RedSox Ownership has been playing the spending game to compete witht eh Yankees over the past several years...so maybe they'll come up with an influx of cash?

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 1:02 PM

Mine is a mixed marriage unfortunately, my wife being a lifelong red who spent most of Sunday night poring over the internet in tears after the ignominious defeat by Blackpool.

I personally find it difficult to have any sympathy for them. They have always lorded it over us Blues and think they have a divine right to sit at the top table, win trophies year after year, and qualify for the money-spinning Champions League by virtue of their reputation.

Welcome to the real world everyone. I feel a bit sorry for the 'proper' fans who have supported the team for years and years (like my missus), but as for the rest of the glory chasers, you can always start supporting Chelsea next season. Let's face it, it won't be as far for you to travel for 'home' matches!

As for the ownership issue, I just find the whole subject completely depressing. Crooked global businessmen looking to make a fast buck or launder a bit of loose change. Dodgy Russian oligarchs, or shady southern or middle eastern potentate's with questionable human rights records. Anything goes, and nothing or nobody is unacceptable as long as they bring stupid amounts of money to the table.

How is that right, and why don't we care more about it? These people have stolen our national sport from us, and nobody seems to give a damn.

Spleen vented.

Sean

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 7:07 PM

They are not sitting at the top table just at the moment.

You must have enjoyed today.

bluescouse:

Mine is a mixed marriage unfortunately, my wife being a lifelong red who spent most of Sunday night poring over the internet in tears after the ignominious defeat by Blackpool.

I personally find it difficult to have any sympathy for them. They have always lorded it over us Blues and think they have a divine right to sit at the top table, win trophies year after year, and qualify for the money-spinning Champions League by virtue of their reputation.

Welcome to the real world everyone. I feel a bit sorry for the 'proper' fans who have supported the team for years and years (like my missus), but as for the rest of the glory chasers, you can always start supporting Chelsea next season. Let's face it, it won't be as far for you to travel for 'home' matches!

As for the ownership issue, I just find the whole subject completely depressing. Crooked global businessmen looking to make a fast buck or launder a bit of loose change. Dodgy Russian oligarchs, or shady southern or middle eastern potentate's with questionable human rights records. Anything goes, and nothing or nobody is unacceptable as long as they bring stupid amounts of money to the table.

How is that right, and why don't we care more about it? These people have stolen our national sport from us, and nobody seems to give a damn.

Spleen vented.

Sean

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2010 7:53 AM

Little suprised about Liverpool FC bought by a baseball team. But Liverpool now has transfeered their debts to the Red Sox.

Here's another thing, Wayne Rooney just said he might break away from Manchester United. Where do you think he will go if he does move clubs? My answer would be Chelsea. Depends on who ManU would get. Anyone have an idea on Rooney's future in football?

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2010 8:22 AM

bfghd:

Little suprised about Liverpool FC bought by a baseball team. But Liverpool now has transfeered their debts to the Red Sox.

Here's another thing, Wayne Rooney just said he might break away from Manchester United. Where do you think he will go if he does move clubs? My answer would be Chelsea. Depends on who ManU would get. Anyone have an idea on Rooney's future in football?

I cannot see Ferguson letting Rooney go to any premiership club my guess is Spain Real Madrid or Barcelona

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2010 8:56 AM

geordieles:

bfghd:

I cannot see Ferguson letting Rooney go to any premiership club my guess is Spain Real Madrid or Barcelona

You are probably correct. Barcelona or Real Madrid are big contenders. Ferguson won't let him go to any club in the EPL. Ferguson would want the best for the best, though. He would get that with Madrid or Barcelona.

• PAGES
RSS