Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Nation Uneven Lies Monthly on Pinehurst.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 11 2014 8:35 AM (39 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 8:35 AM

That tour pro only has 36 ranked rounds and a 56 score avg. I have an idea who it is ... bears the same MO as a Legend Tier player that stopped shooting tournaments back in Feb. and also bears the same MO as a Tour Legend that shoots well. Can't mention names though so I have to keep it to myself. There are about 10 or 12 low score avg., low level, low ranked round players that have suddenly appeared in Legend Tier within the last couple months and they're shooting the lights out of everything. Seems like they didn't have any learning curve to go through. Now that's suspicious... and again, I wouldn't want to be guilty of falsely accusing people with talent. These are super players with little experience ... it doesn't add up.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 8:47 AM

donsprintr:
    I wouldn't want to be guilty of falsely accusing people with talent.

Very fair comment.

donsprintr:
    These are super players with little experience ... it doesn't add up.

It's way out there for sure................My confidence in the way this place is run &/or able to properly deal with being manipulated so easily it seems is v low.  I have no solution and sorry to be so negative but way I feel.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 11:37 AM

mmyers0:
    Looks like this and the TransAmerica are both being led in the Legend tier by someone with 60 ranked rounds to his name, the second of which came in the middle of May. Some people are just quick learners, I guess.

What's particularly remarkable is that the 58 appears to be this player's first UEL ranked round. Even the other co-leader has only a couple of rounds of UEL history (neither of them recent or comparable)... They both must be quick learners indeed...

I guess there's a side-effect to an increased purse for UEL tourneys... ;)

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 5:19 PM

That's a fantastic round by Dan...only 5 better rounds on Pinehurst to date.  It took an ace to get me to 55...on the flats.  54 is what I expected for the winner,  just not posted so early.  The possibility of a 28-26 winner leaves the door open just a crack and allows for a mistake or two before restarting.

As for those damn prodigies, the only way to kill them off is to require lots of ranked rounds before "new" players can win more than a buck and a half.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 5:23 PM

we've been saying that for a while - these dodgy players are obviously multi accounts.

wgt wont do anything, even if u message them about ur concerns. they actually verify them so they can cash out.

kinda makes me think they are affiliated in some way to wgt so they can save a few bucks LOL (pretty sure thats not true but jeeez nothing said from wgt kinda makes me think bad things)

but yea the bottom line is that some top players around here are using extra accounts to build up credit reserves.

wish i had the time and motivation to do that on a virtual golf game.

guess theres others that think this is actually important enough to farm for creds, especially when gift cards are back.

EDIT : pretty sure wgt has a rule for RESTARTING accounts - u dont play credit matches till u reach ur former tier/level.

seems to have been thrown out the window along with the baby.

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 7:23 PM

Yep, bottom line is WGT has enough to do before they can get around to playing tier police.  That's why they should just add a bunch of RRs to the threshold for moving out of the lower ranks.

20 RRs to get to Amateur, another 30 to get to Pro, then 50 in each of Pro and Tour Pro.  Make it so P and TP can't wager more than 10 and 20 credits (respectively) on anything (RGs, Blitz, Skins, MP), no premium tournaments in the lower tiers.  Free weeklies and monthlies stay as-is.

The multis aren't going to grind out 150 rounds just to get (re)started.  Real new players who like the game blow through that in no time...and have fun doing it.

This parallels the WD discussion in the VUSO thread.  It's amazing how some people just have to "win" even if it means doing so a tier or two below where they belong, or are compelled to sport that 90% GIR and <2% three-putt percentage even if it means quitting games...even though we can all see who the chronic WDers are.

Hooray hollow success!  Not.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 7:43 PM

def agree with those statements there

just wish someone from wgt would come in and clarify matters concerning new accounts and how they are handled.

see a few respond to other threads today but not this one. guess its a bit too sensitive??

funny thing is some of these mods have 'friended' some of these dodgy accounts - what does that tell us??

wish i knew where we one-account holders stand in this mess.

oh btw great rounds by jmoney in this event too - and for dominating the oakmont UL RG with a 55! fine shooting!

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 7:52 PM

WGT didn't give out decent prizes in tiered tournaments for a year and a half after this fiasco.  Here we go again.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 8:27 PM

Wontonamo:

oh btw great rounds by jmoney in this event too - and for dominating the oakmont UL RG with a 55! fine shooting!

Yes, 55 is excellent. Have we now seen a UEL 56 or better on all the non-composite courses? Not sure about Whistler, and Merion is probably a no-no.....

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Mon, Jul 7 2014 8:28 PM

I messaged WGT a month or two back about a suspected multi, and within a week that account was promoted to Tour Legend. That's about all I can hope for. Of course it didn't affect tournaments that the player had already entered.

RSS