Forums

Help › Forums

Slow Yer Roll WGT.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 5 2014 3:36 PM (38 replies)
  • ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 5:52 PM

There's only one thing I forgot to say during all this. If you want to find out if I know how to use my clubs, as well as putt well enough to know when it's my fault or something else, I'd be happy to let you make a live assessment on an 18 hole skins match, your choice of course and time, with the exception of Olympic & any of the all 3's, 4's, or 5's. Those don't qualify as 18 hole courses to me. Max or minimum skins.

Just say the word. Then you will, at least, be qualified to say whether I know enough to know what I'm talking about.

And to credit guy. The Bracket win alone is 820 credits. I already said I never mentioned being red or black just the amount won in a certain period.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Mon, Jul 21 2014 7:25 PM

i'l put my money on...

mkrizan86 ,,,,,    all day long ...

:)_~~   ...

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 3:28 AM

And, as per usual, most people seem to often miss the point, and I know it's due to not reading and, thus, following any discussion on any forum, yet instead jumping in as soon as they read something that lights their fire.

I've written in this thread, I pay to play because it makes the games more interesting for me. My challenge was made for one simple reason that has been mentioned by both sides in this argument, or whatever you care to call it. To give mkrizan86 the chance to see for himself if his assumptions, based on numbers he's seen, is correct. Even if I don't win a skin it is not the point to be made. It is whether, after 18 holes of competitive play against me, if mkrizan86 can honestly say his statements on my skill level are correct or not?

I hope, if and when this match happens, he will be man enough to post on this thread that he is wrong to give an opinion on how good or bad someone plays without having actually seen them play.

I've always had disdain for arrogance and, unfortunately, there are plenty of TL's but mostly L's who enjoy telling ppl their game sucks and they don't have a clue what it takes to get, or be, really good at this game.

And, Flashy, you're welcome to join. The more skins the merrier. I've beaten several Legend's & TL's in tier-less bracket the past few weeks, and y'all have never scared me anyway. I have much respect for the TL's who handle themselves in a way befitting of the time, effort, and know-how it takes to make it to their level. Always a few who trash their names along with their own.

Name the time guy's?

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 8:39 AM

arrogance >>???

i wasn't on braggin bout creds i had won... and ya"" i know it all ""attitude ... VEM expert ..

..i.never even said i was good....

but .... NO THANK'S   ..i don't need yer creds  ...:)

i'm still learning... showing respect,, to those that know the game inside and out... and roll with the non tin foil hat crowd....

..... skins are a joke ... ,,

no need tellin ya why... right >>???

if you wouldn't have come on here ...blabbin bout how good you were... ...oh never mind.... its  doobie time an i wanna play ...

HAPPY TRAILS...   

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Wed, Jul 23 2014 11:58 AM

2DAMFLASHY:
    if you wouldn't have come on here ...blabbin bout how good you were

Look, I'm sorry you felt that's what I was doing in anything I have written. It just isn't me at all to say or write about how good I may be in any sport or game. I only made the challenge because things were stated about my game that yourself and whatshisname could never know no matter how long you look thru my activity or stats.

You may not buy this, but it's hardest for me to stay silent when I feel or know that something is wrong or someone says something I believe is wrong. I'll always say something and I'm glad I'll always be this way. But as for writing about how good my game is on these forums, when I know how long I still have to go before I ever could even write that if I wanted to, that's most likely just your own interpretation of things I said.

Nothing I've said was ever intended to mean what you thought of it.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Wed, Jul 23 2014 3:22 PM

its all good man...

i;d rather go play than waste time HATE'n on some one i don't even know..

words ..get misinterpreted a lot here ... it really wasn't about yer game that got me yank'n ya chain...

hek,,, i have a giant EGO ....just look at my name,,:).... most erybdy on WGT does to an extent... but it seam'd you were going to join the RIGGED theorist club... an  .. bash WGT .. blame them...whatever .. ..i won;t name em..EZ to find.. but.. go read all their HOT air blabble,, an then tell me if any of it helps ya play any better ...

there are some seriously smart folk on here i wouldn't dare ..even try to match wits with... that fortunately put up with my crappy grammer an typ'n... because they know 99% of the time i'm either funn'n or try'n to help out best i can...

there is a small % that .. if you wanna join up with...that believe in the,, WGT boogie man... more power too ya... but be prepared,,.. ya gunna catch a lot of crap...

and ..i will tell ya this... if you don't .. you will always be sorta a 2nd or 3rd place guy... in the cred world,,,if ...  VEM has got in yer head .so  ,,.yer beat ..at least a stroke or two...rite off the bat...

actually i think yer prolly a pretty good .or gunna be a real good player ... and win lots of creds... but .. if ya try...starting your blogs with ... HEY GUYS ..or ya'll ..or some sorta of greeting and ...ask'n what or how other's play some sorta shot....or think

i even seen yer ..page long ... compression lesson .... uggg,, dude !... do ya think all the golfer's on here really needed that ?? .. not to mention you said in it.. other's on here call the ball attributes that here on WGT ,(really?),,,  srry man ... but i've read every thing i could on here for 3 years...an have never seen... anyone talk about a virtual ball in terms of compression...

dude..im not raggin on ya... that's just an example ... :)  i didn't comment on that thread ..just so you wouldn't think i was only there to ... stir ya up

which prolly wooda been EZ... lol  ... if that was my aim...

take it EZ man... i suck...but there also is a big difference when ya play ...multi player games... like,, ppl watchin pressure...an being timed..

there are some that ..talk on skype or team speak...that you can learn alot from... if,,, AS" you say ..SLOW YER ROLL ...an don't try'n be ALL THAT an a bag of chips... 

. take it for what its worth,,, not hate'n on ya...

peace.... :)_~~

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Jul 23 2014 8:37 PM

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Wed, Jul 23 2014 9:18 PM

I appreciate all of that, Flashy, but just a couple things I want to be clear with you on. First, I'm not trying to blame wgt, but I did take exception to certain comments that clearly stated I am nowhere near good enough to know when I miss a putt if it was my fault or not. wgt has fully admitted that they have a program such as VEM and can, at any time they choose, mess with a players game.

I believe they do it when players get a bit too hot for wgt's liking and they want to slow them down some. Hey, even some putts I barely miss I couldn't say for certain if a program was the cause or not. I simply have no proof. But, anyone who calls me out to let me know that I just suck and that's the only problem, without having ever played a round with me, is being intellectually dishonest. And TL, L, or TM I'll play any of them in any format and have. I've lost most of the time, but I'd rather lose credits playing someone who will make me a better player than play single rounds all day.

That may sound like an arrogant thing to say, but it is how I've gotten better in almost every sport I've played in my life, and I imagine the years of playing organized sports, baseball mostly, gave me the confidence to believe I can beat anyone on a given day.

I know I'm still one aspect away from being a really good putter, and it's learning to control the speed on bending putts, especially 4 to 9 footer's. And I do believe that with enough practice, and maybe help from the right person, the solution to my problem will click and I'll have it. Til then, I can just do what I've been doing.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Sep 5 2014 3:36 PM

ShadyShank:
    But, anyone who calls me out to let me know that I just suck and that's the only problem, without having ever played a round with me, is being intellectually dishonest.

Lol, sorry for the late reply, I almost had to dig this thread up to find it. Been playing less for the past 2 months (both work and vacation take their toll), so it was practically impossible to find you green when I was on. So imagine my delight when I saw I was up against you in a 500 legend bracket ;-)

For the record, I don't think I said you plainly suck (not bothered to read the whole thread again), I told you you don't know what certain types of shot and spins applied with your club should do, therefore you think you got screwed by the system, when the shot did exactly what you put into in. There's a huge difference. And no matter how much you disagree, I really don't need to play a round with you to know that. Yes, people who have played this game a long time can see someone's issues from the score history. Why? Because the have enough experience to know how to read it. Yours is not bad for 7 months and the number of rounds played (but not really good either). The problem is, people who actually know the game inside out (clubs, shots, spin, wind, etc) would never score par even with the starter rock, let alone any half decent ball.

It takes time to learn on which holes to club up or club down, which ones play long or short, which ones have tendencies to fly left or right, on which holes a hair late click will result in a disaster, which putting views or breaks lie, etc. But what you'll discover is that that's not random. It happens on the same holes and it happens the same way every friggin time. You should search the forums for the explanation of what circles of precision and forgiveness are and how they work and then you'll know that landing 3 yards left of pin on a perfectly executed dinged shot in zero wind isn't VEM, it's normal. That's why I said that until you understand these things, what you say about VEM will be ridiculous and without merit.

Now, speaking of that bracket I mentioned in the 1st paragraph. Considering you seem to truly believe you know your clubs and shots and since you mentioned in another thread, you got the speed of champ greens down in just a few rounds with a TL, you must've had VEM coming out of your kaboose when you played your round ;-)

RSS