Help › Forums

#2 Kiwah

Fri, Oct 17 2014 8:34 AM (39 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:32 AM

mantis0014:

lonniescott711:
    No need , as it happened about a year ago . Players were crying about how easy it was for the top players to score eagles . WGT has made it harder to reach the par 5 holes, in 2 , thus reducing the opportunity at scoring eagles

You need the BB 3wood

-Roger

Not really , as I have the 92+Max 3 wood .So no need to spend 1400 credits , just to get 5 yards . It wouldnt be cost effective , nor would it make any sense . I can get 5 more yards by upgrading my ball . No , my next club will be the 97+ Nike irons , as soon as I can afford them . Even though I have the R11s , I would like a slower meter .That , will be my final club upgrade, I hope . :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:47 AM

lonniescott711:
    Not really , as I have the 92+Max 3 wood .So no need to spend 1400 credits , just to get 5 yards . It wouldnt be cost effective , nor would it make any sense . I can get 5 more yards by upgrading my ball

It's not about the distance, it's what happens after the landing. The BB is the only 3W that has more than 1 dot spin and that extra .5 with the BB is huge, especially on long par 3s with headwinds.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jun 13 2014 8:04 AM

YankeeJim:
    It's not about the distance, it's what happens after the landing. The BB is the only 3W that has more than 1 dot spin

+1

The extra distance can be handy, but it's the stopping power that is often really appreciated.  Miss teh ding though, and may wish had teh L92 Max, but that's choices:)

YankeeJim:
    extra .5 with the BB is huge, especially on long par 3s with headwinds.

Yeas.  Have to say lately mine has seemed to be wandering too often off line though on dinged tee shots.  Maybe just a run of WTFs quick, but disappointed with it's performance of late have to say.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 5:20 AM

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:
    Not really , as I have the 92+Max 3 wood .So no need to spend 1400 credits , just to get 5 yards . It wouldnt be cost effective , nor would it make any sense . I can get 5 more yards by upgrading my ball

It's not about the distance, it's what happens after the landing. The BB is the only 3W that has more than 1

dot spin and that extra .5 with the BB is huge, especially on long par 3s with headwinds.

How much use do you get out of it? I've had one guy drop a ball 2ft from the pin on the elevated 230-ish P3 on Congressional, but other than that I haven't seen it do much that other FWDs can't.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 7:33 AM

MichaelStroke:
    How much use do you get out of it? I've had one guy drop a ball 2ft from the pin on the elevated 230-ish P3 on Congressional, but other than that I haven't seen it do much that other FWDs can't.

You'd have to play PH and Merion to appreciate it. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 10:00 AM

YankeeJim:

MichaelStroke:

Not really. You can reach quite a few of the par 5's in 2 that you could not even dream of reaching with any of the 240 yard 3 woods.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 10:02 AM

YankeeJim:

Or any other course but STA...it reaches greens others can't and stops on the green others don't....doesn't come into play a lot but it is one of the clubs in my bag that is the best value for the money and it is huge off the tee compared to others I had...JMO

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 11:20 AM

YankeeJim:

MichaelStroke:

Greeeat...two courses I don't play often.  I guess a free rental weekend is a good time to test it out.  Maybe I'll fall in love with it.  God knows my Nike FWD falls short of initial expectation.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 11:48 AM

MichaelStroke:
    Greeeat...two courses I don't play often.  I guess a free rental weekend is a good time to test it out.  Maybe I'll fall in love with it.  God knows my Nike FWD falls short of initial expectation.

That 3 wood works great on every course we have. There are only 2 or 3 extra long par 5's that it will not reach  and stop on the green in 2. And is your brain so burned up that you think you have a Nike fairway wood???  Ping,Callaway,Taylor Made, and Max yes to all those but there are no Nike fairway woods in the game.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 12:58 PM

borntobesting:

That 3 wood works great on every course we have.

LOL not STA #5 LOL

roll on it maybe but land on it your over the green...

RSS