Help › Forums

long drives

Thu, Jan 27 2011 7:07 AM (76 replies)
  • sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 11:32 AM

Sonnj9:
    hidden costs of upgrading every piece of equipment

Hidden? The costs are clearly labeled in bold just to the right of the picture in the product pages.

http://www.wgt.com/proshop/product.aspx?i=905172c9-c63a-4633-af8c-ebe34af79e2c

• Sonnj9
    9 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 11:15 AM

I mean hidden cost of playing WGT, its called a "Free" app but to really play it with

anything more than a granny drive takes $$ to buy clubs and balls, so to play the game

it Does cost $$

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 11:28 AM

Don't play then, you always have that option available!  :)

• elvis730
    5 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 1:19 AM

Top spin gives you more roll

• danny66
    25 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 8:50 AM

Yerp, the r9 smacks it pretty good..i often hit them around 300 on kiawah back 9 with a tailwind of about 9 mph..without it it goes around 275 to 280 average...hit one on bethpage black over the traps on no 6., caught the rough, bounced out and down the hilll for 343..got gold on that one.  You have got to upgrade your equipment, your balls and your irons if you want to play better and reach the green..there's no other way..just like in real golf as one of the other master's said...upgrade or stay with the mcdonald brands and do nothing to get better..this is a great game and you have to pay the price to play it well..I am working now on my ping master irons and having problems adjusting to the ball roll, wind, etc..overall, the ping clubs are more accurate than the others...it takes practice, practice, practice...rite now I am getting all pars...but after that comes the chirpies and lower scores..

cheers, danny

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 1:11 PM

just hit one on the 6th at bpb 344 yards 4mph tail wind its on my stats

• Fowlerthanmost
    32 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 2:49 PM

This "game" is still a Beta version. It should not cost anything to get better clubs. They should be obtainable by playing.(and not only by coming in 1st, 2nd or third) You do realize there is no "real" return on investing even a dollar here. Charging for upgrading clubs tells me the MFG. has money problems. This game has way too many bugs and inconsistensies for me to invest a dime. Studdery swing meter, especially on long putts, graphics that freeze or pause mid-swing. In my opinion...this is one of the lesser golf games I have played. First thing they should fix. Start everyone with clubs more realistic. A 225 avg. yard driver? I hit my first real driver 250+!! Almost no spin on the "starter" wedges? Come on! Give everyone a chance at making the green in 2 without charging them.

Don't anyone say it's my connection or computer. I've played 100 times more graphically demanding games without issues.

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 8:35 PM

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 9:18 PM

If I'm not mistaken, 350 yards makes Poklona you the current WGT record holder.  

• Senorlemon
    1 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 4:48 PM

I don't understand the yardages with these clubs. I mean, I think they should increase depending on your tier. I am certainly not even a pro in real life golf and with my G10 driver I can hit roughly 310. The masters at golf can hit 350 or even longer drives.

RSS