Forums

Help › Forums

My Two Cents Worth/Why I'm Done With This Sight.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 27 2010 6:31 PM (5 replies)
  • cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 2:31 AM

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING about these recent changes to this sight are

directly geared toward gettting us ALL to spend MORE AND MORE money.

I was just getting good enough to ALMOST win enough at the ready go's to make them

pay for themselves then, WHAM, the scores started getting RIDICULAS. I mean

common, a 25 on a 9 hole round. When they made the new tiers they forgot at least

1 more, the GOD tier. I'm sorry, but there is no way for me to be able to compete with

someone capable of shooting a freakin 25 for 9 holes. I simply can't play enough to get

that good. My scores were also getting a bit unrealistic at the same time but i would

still finish well down in the field. I suspect the tournies were being manipulated by the

wgt to make them easier for all, hence the SILLY  scores but have no proof.

As I see it, the only way to keep the legends (GODS) from totally getting ALL of my money is to not compete with them, hence I can't compete unless they have seperate

ready go's for the different tiers.

PLEASE don't think I'm takin shots at the GODS, more power to them. Hell, I donated

3 bucks to bolloxinbrudges just for the privalege of getting my butt whooped by him.

There several other reasons (putting on Glass all the time etc) for me to stop playing

but i shall limit my bitchin to these.

AND THATS MY 2 CENTS WORTH

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 5:04 AM

Hi cobalt, while im no genius on this(tour pro, on 2 months) i can totally agree with you on this. While playing CTTH a lot. i noticed im getting major differences in shots, even when the shots are identical. It seems to me if your playing in a tournament and down the ranks a bit and you start to do well, the game will go against you. Some kind of tracking software or the likes. The way i see it is, some people are been punished even when they do well, and probably because they dont spend much on this. My case anyway.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 6:07 AM

Cobalt, I, like others, do not mind spending a small amount of money each month (avg of $12)  for the entertainment I get on this site.  WGT is a business after all is said and done and they use the revenue to produce new courses and features for the game.  That's all good in my book.

I too cannot compete with the top 20% players of the game here even though I am a Legend.  I, along with roughly 600 other Legends, are in the lower 80% of that tier and I realize I have a slim to none chance of winning even tiered tournaments.

Yes, I wished that would have changed on 9/1 and I didn't have to compete against the top 20%.  Yes I wish I had been dropped into the Tour Master tier where I think I belong.  But I learned back in the '50s, (when dodge ball was still allowed in schools), there is always going to be someone better than me and I have to be satisfied with being the best I can be.  Its still something to strive for.

Meanwhile, I play for fun with friends and competing in country club tournaments with an occasional windfall of 3 or 4 credits from a weekly open competition.

Like you, I would love to be able to compete for credits on a daily basis, it would add greatly to my enjoyment of this site.  But until that happens, (its not under our control but we can keep suggesting ways to make it happen),  I'll just keep playing for fun and trying to be the best I can be at this game.

• Wayno_1
    397 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 5:42 PM

Well said  andyson !!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 6:03 PM

Perfect was'nt it?

• onstrike
    2 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 6:31 PM

just had a 172 yard approach with a 12 mph head wind and hit a 178 yard shot on my meter and went 9 yards past the flag with a little backspin go figure

RSS