Tour master !!!!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 16 2017 12:40 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JRTexas1949
    42 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 4:09 PM

I think you're right here, Don.

I know of a Tour Master with only 91 ranked rounds played.  On his Profile, it says his average is 61.00.  But, when you look at his stats under (scoring), it says 67.00.  He plays tons of match play.  His stats (with all due respect) reflect more closely, those of a Tour Pro, not a Tour Master.

I'm wondering if he believes he will make Legend without playing anymore ranked rounds?  It appears he's just sitting on that 61.00 average and not playing any ranked rounds, as he knows his average could likely go up if he plays ranked rounds that aren't really low.

And, IF WGT will advance him without his playing additional ranked rounds?

I have looked at his scoring history.  He didn't even play the min. required rank rounds as a Master - but, was elevated to Tour Master; most likely due to all of his match play.

Well, he just might make it to the Legend Tier, but, I have no idea how he could possibly compete - not with his stats.

I have put in my minimum 50 ranked rounds as a Tour Master.  My average won't go up, as long as I'm still a Tour Master, only down.  But, I don't see how it's fair that I am required to play a minimum of 50 ranked rounds - and work my average down to 61.00, but, that other Tour Master doesn't have to meet the same criteria.

So, I think you're right - WGT makes exceptions to the criteria that it shown above for the various tiers.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 6:30 PM

JRTexas1949:
    I'm wondering if he believes he will make Legend without playing anymore ranked rounds?  It appears he's just sitting on that 61.00 average and not playing any ranked rounds, as he knows his average could likely go up if he plays ranked rounds that aren't really low.

Answer is yes 

JRTexas1949:
    Well, he just might make it to the Legend Tier, but, I have no idea how he could possibly compete - not with his stats.

that would be his problem then 

JRTexas1949:
    But, I don't see how it's fair that I am required to play a minimum of 50 ranked rounds - and work my average down to 61.00, but, that other Tour Master doesn't have to meet the same criteria.

you could do match play just the same to advance

the real question is how u get from legend to tour legend without the so called required 500 rounds if its shooting sub 60's all the time lol its not for me 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 12:17 AM

alosso:
    I don't know why. Perhaps for a new treat, just as it was with TL then? I wouldn't expect it anytime soon though. The remark was mainly aimed at the +100 rule which came with the TL tier.

I cant see this happening, certainly for some time. Judging by the time it takes to fill a TL RG, a tier above this may take a year to fill a RG.

alosso:
    There has always been a skill distance between new and old Legends - 1000 rounds or more? It may have grown with the promotion acceleration. Alas, a split would change the rules in between, quite unlikely IMHO.

Agreed, in any tier there are good player, average players and some you wonder how they got there. The promotion acceleration that was designed for  combating  sand-baggers also  effectively  help increase sales by players requiring upgrades - a surprising by-product lol. But what it has shown is there are some legends who really are way out of their depth regardless of their equipment......in fact some may even be holding the club the wrong way round!

Any changes to the legend tier just will re-open calls of sandbagging, sadly WGT is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 12:33 AM

YankeeJim:
    You can't fake getting to TL

Sadly some think Beth F9 / some low wind comp Beth back 9 maybe are the only the only courses that exists getting to TL.  Super average / 1 putts and a big well effin done I say.  Medal or a chest to pin it on is the next obvious question to them:).............Heck once in the TL tier some are so proud of their stats they have max 20 RRs after how very long, and shot where............

If they did a super tier TL it would need to be based on playing at least most of the courses, most conditions and to a certain extent.  I can only imaging the crying now lol.   I stop short of saying all as only so much time and in a for fun thing no need to have to play say 1 course particularly don't like.  They could do it just anyway and not have it for anything else other than something to aim for.

Can't see any of happening though...

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Tue, Apr 22 2014 4:15 AM

Jimbog1964:

YankeeJim:
    You can't fake getting to TL

Sadly some think Beth F9 / some low wind comp Beth back 9 maybe are the only the only courses that exists getting to TL.  Super average / 1 putts and a big well effin done I say. 

Yeah.  Whats up with that?

;)

• AndyKashu
    14 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 7:11 AM
    This! It's just ridiculous how many players (have to) become a legend and can't compete there anymore because real legends (who regularly play a 61 and not just occasionally) are also there for almost forever due to their 500 ranked rounds they need before they leave the tier and move on where they belong to. The legend tier is just a sick joke and a punishment of sorts for very well playing, competitive Tour Masters.
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Dec 16 2017 12:40 PM

Oh please. Your average is in the 61s, so you have to understand the concept of "Legend Hell."

Legend is where you first meet big boy golf on WGT. Simply put, that's where the training wheels come off.

Tour Master was never meant to be a destination.

AndyKashu:
    This! It's just ridiculous how many players (have to) become a legend and can't compete there anymore because real legends (who regularly play a 61 and not just occasionally) are also there for almost forever due to their 500 ranked rounds they need before they leave the tier and move on where they belong to. The legend tier is just a sick joke and a punishment of sorts for very well playing, competitive Tour Masters.

• PAGES
RSS