Forums

Help › Forums

Nooooooo!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 21 2014 1:12 AM (9 replies)
  • DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 12:04 PM

I was wondering why I hadn't seen my neighbor's 3 geese recently ... I soooo hate those birds.  They are really mean.

Now look ... more geese for my border collie to herd back into their yard ...

Did I mention I hate geese?  Get-em Cheyenne!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 12:17 PM

Canada Geese. I think that they're trying to take over the world.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 12:20 PM

I'm with ya Kat!!!  I hate them things. I used to work maintenance on Golf Courses and those effin things used to crap all over the greens!!! Nothing like raking up and blowing geese terd off a perfectly manicured green.

Could you imagine the uproar here on WGT if the programmers left goose terd on the greens.

We used to have a gun that was like a flare gun but when you shot it up in the air it would make this ear piercing squeal and then this big bang and scare the entire flock off the course. Gotta admit, that was kind of fun!!

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 12:50 PM

jsweetcr:
    Nothing like raking up and blowing geese terd off a perfectly manicured green.

There are a few courses here that have local rulings ... if you're on the fairway and your ball lands in goose or koot poo, you get to lift, clean and place the ball without penalty.  lol.

I just send Cheyenne out and say "Get-em".  She loves herding them back into the neighbor's yard.  Looks like she'll have four more to add to her herd!

(What do you call a group of geese?  Besides "crapfest" of course!)

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 12:55 PM

LMAO!!

A Gaggle of course

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 2:24 PM

Compare these local rules:

Animal Droppings:
    Animal droppings through the green or on the putting green may be treated as casual water.

This is special:

All Fenced Greens and Tees:
    Electric fences surrounding all greens must not be moved and should be treated as immovable obstructions. Relief should be taken in accordance with Rule 24-2. A ball striking any part of the fence may be replayed.

Questions:

1) Which is the main animal species on this course?
    (answer: sheep)

2) Which course is it? (or, which distillery is in the same town?)
    (a: Brora, Sutherland, Scotland
    b: Clynelish)

edit Easter Monday

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 4:07 PM

A gaggle of geese ... the picture shows 2 adults and 4 chicks ... I just saw the 3rd adult strutting by that mudhole of a pond with 3 more ... so now 10 gagglers!  (is that right ... or is it a gaggle of 10 geese?)

Here's a funny story with my neighbor's geese ... I have a barn with an auto maintenance area in the front.  My uncle and his grease monkey friends work on their auto restorations there all the time.  Once, one of the ol' grease monkeys gave a piece of his sandwich to one of the geese, who greedily wolfed down the bread, then asked for more.

When Mike didn't comply to the goose's request, the goose pecked him right on the crotch.  Still lots of jokes about "pecked pêcker Mike" ... most seem to leave off "Mike" these days.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 4:46 PM

Well at least the green keepers do have to contend with these! 

And if you are playing a black "Max" ball this course, not only will your ball look like crap, play like crap but it may well be crap you just hit!

Roos are quite common on many country courses and can be quite daunting hitting over them.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 5:03 PM

alanti:

And if you are playing a black "Max" ball this course, not only will your ball look like crap, play like crap but it may well be crap you just hit!

Roos are quite common on many country courses and can be quite daunting hitting over them.

So that's the reason you can't find black colored golf balls IRL.  Lol ... Do they fly true?

I'd be sooooo happy if these geese were on the local golf course!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 1:12 AM

This place is a 40 minute drive from my house-

Dumbarton distillery was founded by Hiram Walker in 1938. It was a large grain distillery which also supported the Inverleven malt distilling plant, where the first Lomond still was developed. An unorthodox way of protecting the premises was used, they were called "The Scotch Watch" and consisted of 100 geese. Dumbarton distillery was closed and mothballed in 2002

RSS