Forums

Help › Forums

New 18 holecourse

Sun, Dec 14 2014 1:09 PM (76 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Dec 4 2014 6:29 AM

I asked a while back , while watching the Tuesday Icon game,and Shoe said it would be open to all

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Dec 4 2014 11:01 AM

I dont think it will be locked . The championship is being played on Kiawah and Pinehurst , yet you still have access to both courses . They will simply lock out the tournament just like the virtual tourney but everyone else will still be able to play . Unless its played like an Open championship , which would make no sense with only 4 players .

alosso:

I have no worries - I take this as given. If they keep their promise of a new course for that special round, it will be locked to us mere mortals at least until 12/15.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Thu, Dec 4 2014 1:26 PM

Only new courses are being locked, like the VUSO courses in every spring. Typically, the full course opens for general play only AFTER the VUSO event is over. Difference there being that we all may log in for the qualification rounds.

Now they announce a new course for the final VT Championship round, and my experience lets me guess that it will be locked for that event and released afterwards.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Fri, Dec 5 2014 9:31 PM

alosso:

Only new courses are being locked, like the VUSO courses in every spring. Typically, the full course opens for general play only AFTER the VUSO event is over. Difference there being that we all may log in for the qualification rounds.

Now they announce a new course for the final VT Championship round, and my experience lets me guess that it will be locked for that event and released afterwards.

You can still play the virtual US Open course without playing a qually round, you just have to in a group. Not available for RGs though

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Dec 6 2014 1:58 AM

alosso:

Imagine a big "Pebble Beach Virtual Inauguration" event during the Holidays...

Or would they wait for the Pro-Am in February (2-9 to 2-15)?

I think I remember awhile back (was it Shoe or some other?) , a mod stating that the next three courses, in order of release would be ...

• Bandon Dunes
    • Pebble Beach
    • Chambers Bay

having said that, I wondered if WGT would wait for the national Pro-Am as alosso has referred to ... will they resurrect the "Play along with the Pro's" format from way back in 2009 where a lucky player from each tier wins a trip to actually play golf with a tour pro (if memory serves me correctly)?

Or something else ... time will tell ...

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Dec 6 2014 7:37 AM

donsprintr:
    Or something else ... time will tell ...

Since PB is the most anticipated, most desired course (next to Augusta), I fear WGT will hold that carrot as long as possible, or at least until PP goes on-line.  What else do they have to stem the tide (even if temporarily) of players moving to PP?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Dec 6 2014 7:52 AM

andyson:
    What else do they have to stem the tide (even if temporarily) of players moving to PP?

CC Event (clashes) 

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Dec 7 2014 10:19 AM

Sounds like it is somewhat more difficult/involved than PP anticipated.

According to the Perfect Parallel web page they started PP in 2011.

It may not be prudent to count chickens before they have hatched.

A recent post from the Perfect Golf forums administration:

My emphasis

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

Greetings and happy December

We are continuing to work hard to get ready for Early Access release.  the [sic] process of integrating Steam  and a full blown Multiplayer Portal have taken us longer than we planned largely due to having to refactor a lot of the code base to support the integration.  We are nearing the point of getting a new release out to our testers so they can test the Steam integration first hand, then we need to add a couple more features before the release.

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Sun, Dec 7 2014 12:10 PM

And who are these amazing testers that have given us all we have today?

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, Dec 7 2014 7:02 PM

Jimbog1964:

andyson:
    What else do they have to stem the tide (even if temporarily) of players moving to PP?

CC Event (clashes) 

LMFAO!!!!

• RSS