Forums

Help › Forums

New 18 holecourse

Sun, Dec 14 2014 1:09 PM (76 replies)
  • jigglybutt
    208 Posts
    Wed, Apr 23 2014 5:14 PM

Another par 3 course.... meh. Be nice to see a full course with more than par 3's. Just saying. 

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:34 PM

Only 1 of the next 4 18-hole stroke play courses will be a par 3 course.

We know WGT will not be adding a US Open course in 2016 because we already have that golf course - Oakmont.

So we don't know what if anything is planned after Chambers Bay - until we get US Open venues Erin Hills in 2017, and Shinnecock Hills in 2018.

Many players have been asking for another par 3, 18-hole course.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Apr 23 2014 10:08 PM
    jigglybutt:

Another par 3 course.... meh. Be nice to see a full course with more than par 3's. Just saying. 

You will, very soon.
  • TarheelsRule
    5,477 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 8:17 AM

WGT could add another  course in 2016 even though we already have the US Open venue, however based upon past history with the British they will probably use it as an excuse not to add a course.

Pinehurst should come forth within the next 3 weeks and will be a good add, very different than what we have.

I don't care for the par 3 courses, the best of and the par 4 and 5 courses are okay, especially for alt shot but in reality they don't add much to the site.  I still believe that having 3 sets of pins for each course would really make it feel and play differently.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Thu, Apr 24 2014 8:41 AM

I don't mind any par 3 course ,  what I think that should be removed is the score from player's stats. Seeing someone shot 37 in 18 holes sickens me. But maybe it's just me.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 10:29 AM

Such a harmless, almost passive, thread yet it had enough in one post to really tick me off. Before I say why, let me say Par 3 courses, why? Only par 3 courses I've ever seen & played were night course's in Houston, TX. Like I said, why?

Now to what got at me a bit. First, I know that any person who moderate's the forums here does not have a job where it's easy to, continually, keep your cool. And I get it, 100%, when a moderator get's personal with a poster, especially when one is asking for it.

That said, it pisses me off to no end that the subject of money and what one person has spent at WGT in how long, are tied together in a way that makes it seem as if WGT is just scraping by. Paycheck to paycheck. I'm fairly certain that the majority of players here understand, at least somewhat, what kind of money it takes when you are talking pro golf courses, copyright's, equipment, the white-collar labor, and the list goes on and on. However, I am also certain that those who do spend the $$ here spend enough to make-up a generous piece of WGT's financial pie.

When added in with advertising income, sponsored events from big names, and a funny rule here or there to heavily encourage a player to purchase a sleeve because he's on his last one of THAT sleeve, I'm willing to wager that WGT is not filing for bankruptcy anytime in the near, or far, future.

So, please, for the sake of my blood pressure moderator's, please try to refrain, when you just can't keep it in any longer, from any reference's to WGT doing poorly financially. Trust me, there are a whole mess of people today doing FAR worse than anyone at WGT.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sun, Apr 27 2014 11:21 AM

No moderator as commented on this thread. 

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, May 24 2014 5:34 PM

Mushy01:
    No moderator as commented on this thread. 

Hey, I have a secret trick for you since that is the case. Anywhere I wrote the word moderator, just imagine it says jerk instead. I believe the point I was making will not be altered in any way. It's still all true.

Also, please forgive my extreme lack of knowledge on the names of the different moderator's here. I understand it is my responsibility to have researched that thoroughly, considering the post I referred to talked up WGT like it was the CEO writing it their-self.

I truly appreciate you putting me straight, though, on the topic. It really mattered a great deal to have that cleared up, especially since I'm certain no moderator has ever spoken of WGT's income to try and make a point.

It will never happen again, I assure you. And I'll close with a tip for you. Turn your spell-check on and have it look for mistakes in grammar, not just spelling.

• JSSfamilyfungolf
    76 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 5:27 AM

If could, WGT should add the British Championship courses too example Royal St George a couple of years ago...

RSS