Help › Forums

High End Nike Ball

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 17 2014 1:10 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 9:12 AM

What is with the L 90 RZN ball ? I just can't get the performance that it's rated. Meter seems faster than the 3.5 , and the ball is rated at 4.0 meter speed. The distance is very poor. Is anyone else getting the same issues as I am?

You would think for $7.00 a sleeve they would be very good

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 9:29 AM

I made it thru a sleeve and half before giving up on it.  The distances are too inconsistent.  

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 9:42 AM

I think they are still obsessed with stopping those auto clicks...

I buy 3.5 meter balls and the 1st round I play everyday it starts off nice and smooth,after a few holes it starts to get quicker in the hitting zone...

One day it was so bad I put a 3.0 meter ball in play and it was slower than the 3.5 through the hitting zone...

Never used the $7 balls, refuse to spend that much and seems like toooooo much spin to control effectively.

• colfax
    22 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 10:21 AM

I've been using the extra spin version and I like them. I do find the spin to be about the same as the level 85's though. The meter is smooth though. 

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 10:31 AM

Sometimes you may need to clear your flash , and delete the files , when changing your clubs or balls. Do this especially after a rental weekend . This will allow the game to reload new files according to what you have in play . Give this a try , and see if it helps . Good luck , and happy hitting . :-)

• chloes
    62 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 11:21 AM

sorry how do i clear my flash 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 12:42 PM

I have used the black since introduction. I left it for a while trading down to other high end balls and the promo gift balls to judge it more effectively. I could hardly wait to return to it. The enhancements of the black are best appreciated in tiny increments to behold the full bouquet of the ball. At $7 it should, at the very least, have .5 more durability. 

• nigyrob
    92 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 1:43 PM

I too find it way too inconsistent.

I'm using the last one now and am going to return to the Lvl 81 as it's so much more consistent.

For the price we pay I believe WGT should have their engineers look into whats wrong with it as clearly there is something not right.  With it being a Lvl 90 ball you would expect it to be one of the best and give the consistency and attributes it states!!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 10:56 AM

I played a buddy in match play the other night.  He and I both using the R1 drivers,  me with the L33 Callaway, he was using the L90 Nike.

One tee shot we had 18mph wind in our face and I outdrove him by 12 yards and I didn't ding it, ( very nearly did) and did not get some lucky landing/kick.

I figured that ball should at least be a bit longer, although I do no know what spin he used, but still, no use of spin difference should have the L33 out hitting that ball by any distance let alone 12 yds.

However, he was able to hold more greens much better with the L90, but still not a good nuff reason for me to spend almost the same amount of credits for 1 L90  ball      ( not sleeve) as it does to buy a sleeve of L33's.  On the other hand, the cost of the L71 nikes doesn't seem all the high anymore.  Could be the reasoning behind the L90 ball and it's nuisances.  Make the previous "high dollar ball" seem not so unreasonable in cost.  ;-)

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 11:48 AM

hpurey:

On the other hand, the cost of the L71 nikes doesn't seem all the high anymore.  Could be the reasoning behind the L90 ball and it's nuisances.  Make the previous "high dollar ball" seem not so unreasonable in cost.  ;-)

Hmm, I guess this is how it's going to go from now on.  I stopped using the 450 credit Nikes due to the cost, now there are ones way above that.  How long before we see a sleeve for $10 and the $7 ones look like decent value?

Enough with the new balls, the ones we have are already good enough.

• PAGES
RSS