Forums

Help › Forums

Untrusted Site

Mon, Apr 21 2014 7:35 PM (26 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 6:43 PM

I receive the following error when I try to enter a ready go tournament.

This is the second time I have gotten this today.   It happens when I try to enter a tournament via the tournament page, not from the game client.

• lepitcher
    18 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 7:49 PM

i receive the same advise  i use firefox the only way i got to not have it it copy the address from internet explorer and copy it in firefox

here what it wrote on the page

Cette connexion n'est pas certifiée

Vous avez demandé à Firefox de se connecter de manière sécurisée à www.wgt.com, mais nous ne pouvons pas confirmer que votre connexion est sécurisée.

Normalement, lorsque vous essayez de vous connecter de manière sécurisée, les sites présentent une identification certifiée pour prouver que vous vous trouvez à la bonne adresse. Cependant, l'identité de ce site ne peut pas être vérifiée.
    Que dois-je faire ?

Si vous vous connectez habituellement à ce site sans problème, cette erreur peut signifier que quelqu'un essaie d'usurper l'identité de ce site et vous ne devriez pas continuer.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:38 PM

Unfortunately, I do not speak French. 

However, this is the only site that this issue has ever occur on.  Secondly, I have been using the Palemoon browser for a couple of years, with no issues of this kind until now.  The bug must have been introduced in their last update. 

• Catesharkette2
    2,692 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 9:12 AM

have had the same problem past 2 days use internet explorer for three years with no probs but when i search wgt om google or any other browser it can not find the wgt web page when i do find it bye clicking on  forums page i can log in but when i do it says WGT SERVERS ARE BUSY AND WILL RECONNECT IN 45 SECONS  but alas it still does not work  the sites certificates have expired hence i tried NAXTHON  and can finally log in but still lossing conection to server  message reads thus 

INVALID CERTIFICATE ( WGT.COM )

THIS SITES CERTIVACATE HAS EXPIRED OR HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR A DIFFRENT WEB SITES ADDRESS

THE PROBLEM MAY INDICATE AN ATTEMPT TO INTERCEPT DATA FROM THE REMOTE SERVER

i have emaild wgt sevral times and they tell me to clear my ceches which i do evry week so i no the problem is not there if others are having same issues i would like to go back to use internet explorer cos this maxthon is also having the same probs so please wgt can u tell me what u are doing about it the fact i can not log in is a nightmare also and maxthon browser is no way as good as internet explorer for me anyway for a smooth swing metre ?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 6:16 PM

The problem is not with the caches, but with the site certificate.  The only way to eliminate this occurance is by adding an exception to your browser list of certificates.

However, it is my opion that adding an exception, creates a blind spot (false sense of sercurity) that everything is fine.

I will remove the exception in the next couple of days and see if the issue has been resolved.

• Catesharkette2
    2,692 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 6:52 PM

thanks please let me know if it does help do u work for  wgt or do u mean u will remove from your own comp if so tell me how if it fixes the problem cos can not log in using maxthon but still loosing connecton to server certifacate error untrusted site

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 8:50 PM

First, I do not work for WGT. 

Trusted websites can apply to a certificate authority, to appease their patrons that their site is free from malware etc.,

I am not familiar with Maxthon browser, but a google search should allow you to find the information required.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Apr 13 2014 9:53 PM

http://gtmetrix.com/

there's defo something not right with wgt's ssl.

i tried gtmetrix with a few browsers and got same ssl error

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 6:52 AM

Ive gotten it also. No worries though. Its likely only our Drivers Liscense pictures and our home address on our utilities bill thats getting leaked, oh and oredit cards. 

Bad SSL not a big deal. We will look at it Monday guys, go home for the weekend. 

• swdeva
    238 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 7:39 AM

HI, I have also got a similar message using Firefox but not with Safari. Maybe this has something to do with the Heartbleed bug ?

RSS