Forums

Help › Forums

Nike HIGH DOLLAR BACK BALLS

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 1 2014 12:21 AM (8 replies)
  • sportnawoody
    17 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 12:26 AM

I went ahead and broke down and got some of these after playing with platinum balls and reds, and THEY SUK!   These are making my distances way off and im coming up short every time when it should be longer considering WGT 's    B S    numbering system!     WHAT A JOKE dont buy these Crap ass balls

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 11:26 AM

Funny you should say that, lve played with several great players this week who also tell me these balls are shite!!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 11:37 AM

They don't work on the front 9 of any WGT course, there's a clue in the thread title.

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 12:39 PM

PaulTon:

They don't work on the front 9 of any WGT course, there's a clue in the thread title.

LOL - good point...

• Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 1:46 PM

I'm moderated and censored, so I doubt this will go through.

So I will be brief, The Nikes are all junk now! I know one top player that bought a few sleeves of the black and spent a sleeve mapping and proceeded to put the rest in a pond.

Theres a penalty for inconsistency and it starts with balls, good players will gravitate to any ball that allows them to hit close to a desired yardage even if it's a 10 cent ball.

• Zws221
    8 Posts
    Mon, Apr 14 2014 9:04 AM

I play better with the ten credit ES balls than any of them its about the clubs u can put monster spin all day on a starter ball with the right wedges and big distances with the right driver. ALL GOLF BALLS ARE A WASTE OF MONEY on this game.

• snoops34
    2,694 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 4:21 PM

Your are not going crazy, I can tell you that!!. At Legend level played the platinum off against the RZN Black and here's the bottom line. The RZN black were all over the map. Distance varies wildly and on some shots a routine shot sailed off to the moon. What a bunch of bull!!

The Platinum played as advertised and as soon as you figure out the spin to distance ratio, it is a target golf drop and Stop dream. Got serious about the Platinum this last week and shot a bunch of 29's and 30's for 9 holes from the parking lot tees, thus winning 4 tourneys (CC) in one week. Not to mention 9 under for 9 holes of Best of Par 5's including 2 eagles. 

The Black RZN needs a long stay in an asylum because it's all over the map.

Snoops

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 5:31 PM

sportnawoody:
    WHAT A JOKE dont buy these Crap ass balls

lmao nice 28 with those crap azz balls 

ill stick to the cheap azz callies any day 

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 12:21 AM

The word from a top member told me that the NIKE RZN (L61+) 3.5 spin ~500c are consistent. (more so than similar balls that are more expensive) Now, he plays w/ the Nike 97's irons w/ spin of 4.5.

Individual results may vary. In my opinion...

I've just figured out that spin means a lot when getting yardages correct.

I find that if my G25 L59 (HIGH traj. irons) or my Nike 85 irons (spin of 3 & 3.5) are matched w/ a ball w/ spin of 3.5 then I have good results with how I hit and calculate.

Balls w/ high distance ratings seem to get extra distance (say in no wind) esp. OFF THE DRIVER and with a little or moderate top spin (generally, say, in no wind) 

A ball with high distance rating with a big tailwind will really go far with some BS because of the higher traj. so the tailwind pushes that puppy real far, WITH THE DRIVER.

(it all depends on how hard the wind, and how much BS)  

--

But if you have those 'speedblade' 75 irons w/ spin of 3.5 and use a ball w/ spin of 5, that throws off your trajectory and adds a challenging spin to the ball, unless you have experience w/ how to adjust your spin dot proper.

Those TM  ' speedblade' 75s may be better w/ a ball w/ a spin of 3.5 (maybe even 4.5) but the yellow callies I like or the nike balls or callie 33s w/ 3.5 spin, or maybe other balls of 3.5 spin because my irons are PING G25 and Nike 85 irons w/ 3 & 3.5 spin.

The extra distance I note on drives and I'll use a little TS usually for extra distance (it depends) but if there is a significant tailwind THEN back spin will cause a long drive.

(frontwind & BS causes a shorter drive than if using neutral spin, from what I've seen)

---------

See, here below is a Nike red vap 42 ball (700creds, gifted to me by WGT) w/ the G25 L59 irons.

The balls have the extra distance rating of 5. Off the drive, with proper spin: BS w/ tailwind or a little TS otherwise, generally, gets the extra yardage off the driver. I don't really notice the extra distance applying to the approaches.

My calculations were spot on 'Average distance to pin' about 5-6 feet. I usually never get that during my games. Maybe it was just a lucky streak, IDK

RSS