Forums

Help › Forums

A direct question to WGT regarding levels.

Fri, Sep 24 2010 10:02 AM (31 replies)
  • GL57
    83 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 6:53 AM

Say, when you implemented your level system, what was your otherwise brilliant team thinking when it arbitrarily set all its old members at level 30, which I know for a fact can be attained in about 2 weeks of play (to go to level 20 is a matter of days, then it slows down, before starting to advance slower than a disabled turtle)?

Take for example a master who has been so for a while, and who enjoyed full access to the Pro Shop to fine tune his equipment. Suddenly, overnight, he his bumped up to the Legend tier, and virtually everything in the Pro Shop is locked, except the mediocre items, unsuited to his new tier (with extremely difficult playing conditions). And he misses the Sept. sale because he was on a protracted business trip. Oh, there is more! He was planning to upgrade his equipment on his way back. So what? Tough luck? Are you kidding me? This guy is some pissed, and rightly so.

This brings me to my solution, posted also elsewhere. WGT, please, pay close attention:

Start members that used to have full Pro Shop access at level 90, and relax the level requirements for the other members so that they can always buy basic clubs appropriate to their tier as they advance to it, with only select clubs being locked for a reasonable amount of time based solely on levels.

Adopt that solution and the bitching likely ends.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 7:47 AM

Well said, and exactly what a number of us have been screaming about. Unfortunately, the whining about the tiers, the tees, the green speeds, drowned other criticism's out.

I don't know what corrective measures WGT could take to fix the matter. Simply upping everyones level might create an imbalance and give new players too big of a boost.

As is, the pro shop leaves a lot to be desired, For a game where the equipment is the only variable player to player, the available selection is scant.  In the upper tiers, the R9 and the The G10 irons are in 90% of players bags. 

I'm beginning to suspect that the level implementation was just a ploy to get WGT off the hook from relasing any new clubs for the next few months. It will take us that long to even be able to purchase them

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 8:42 AM

Not upping everyone's level, birdwell¸ only the upper tier players who would have reached a very high level in the course of their career, had the system level been around when they started it. THAT makes sense, not the grossly unfair and inadequate level 30!

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:01 AM

Classic WGT ripe-off yesterday,,,meter glich,,,puts my ball in the fescue on St.Andrews...In a attempt to get out,,,WGT eat up all my $$$ balls,,,but when it came to the piont,,,that all I had left,,,where free balls,,,got out on my first try,,,funny how such things like that happen? Law has a term for sites like this,,,LARCENY? Slowly I will use up my credits,,,no more $$$ from me...

• renald101
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:08 AM

Same here got same problem,not more $$$ for me either!

• Bootoo
    24 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:12 AM

Yep,same here,although this time with me,my balls were stolen by the water hazard on STA number 1.After countless strokes with similar conditions,my balls suddenly start to develop a taste for water?I dont think so.I call that outright theft.

Also,does the term "Standard" on the green speed actually mean "We will glitch each shot you take so that you cannot possibly determine where your ball will end up"

Maybe it is just me and I am rubbish.Maybe.

So wgt,I am gifting you my last single credit to save you the hassle of stealing it somehow.Oh how glad I am that I didnt fork out real cash for those cyber balls.

Garr.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:42 AM

Guys, guys, you're off topic, and your accusation -- I am sorry to say -- is unfounded. I and countless others have used Tour-SD and GI-SD balls, among others, without the slightest sign they were programmed to get lost. Honestly, get on track and leave room for legitimate complaints.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 10:09 AM

Why would complaining stop if you up all the long tenured players to 90? Seems like the extended time period to buy those clubs covered that didn't it, no?

I really don't have a problem with the current clubs and/or setup. The greens could be taken back to vfast, but that's all. As long as everyone plays from the same tees is my gripe. We've seen TMs have a field day, that could correct itself, but is still there right now.

I really think the whole idea seems to be gradually step you up, and buy clubs in the same matter. Players were just going from starters to g10s/I15s. It's sort of a wrong way of going about things I think, but what do I know.

Until there is new equipment in the pro shop what would be the point of taking everyone to level 90. If a player in question didn't buy it a month ago why would he/she buy it now?

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 11:05 AM

Good Lord, man, did you even read my initial post before responding to it? I said mainly that players who clearly had considerable experience before the change, enough to make it up to master tier and have full access to the Pro Shop, should have been set at level 90. 

This topic is serious; so for heaven sake, make a serious effort to reply knowingly and intelligently instead of spewing forth all this nonsense.

• marleyaxton
    7 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 11:18 AM

I'm glad you brought that up, I'm new and got my first Tour Ball . (purple) but now it's gone.  Do you only get X amount of time till you must purchase another?

RSS