Help › Forums

Taking a break

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 21 2010 6:13 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 5:22 AM

I have been playing this game for several months now and have enjoyed it very much but the recent changes have left this particular Legend feeling frazzled and in the wrong league.

Hats off to the Legends who adapted, I have the greatest respect for you all but, for me, this game is starting to feel more like work than play which I know from experience signals the time to leave.

This site has some great people and I would like to thank those I played rounds with, those who helped me and the guys at English Lakes who have been an awesome group to work with.

Perhaps I shall check back in a few months to see what has changed but until then this account is going on ice.

Keep it in the fairway.

ComplexP

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 7:09 AM

Don't stay away too long Complex. your Membership to English lakes CC will remain open and your more than welcome back at anytime.

but i have a feeling your not going to be the only one taking an extended break or even leaving WGT. The levels and tiers undate seems to have been a step to far for many, turning a pleasent and enjoyable game in to hard work and what seems like a waste of money. having spend the past 18 months learning the game and upgrading clubs then overnight denied access to clubs the day before i could buy and told to advance levels to get them again. so 6 months down the line i'll be back where i started but only this time i'll be off the back tees aswell. maybe its time i cut my losses too. i'll give it another month or two before i decide if its time to follow complex and take a break.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 7:20 AM

Dont blame you.  I dont want to take a break, but I find myself playing far less, and less interested when I do.  I like the challenge, but I lost 2 big formats with RG and MPC, so its harder to stay interested.  Changes were needed, and I know there is a "PLAN" or "Big Picture" but I liked it better the old way.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:06 AM

It’s not the game it was or ever will be.  It’s called "Change". Something we all have to do from time to time. If you don’t, you stay Stuck in the mud. Roll with it gentlemen. This is a game that has become more / much more challenging than it once was. It didn’t take much work / discipline / thought to achieve the "Master level". It use to be very repetitive / not all that difficult, that’s why you had the 58 /59 / 60 avgs. Now, as I said, It takes much more skill / thought / and time to accomplish a decent avg. and the same to keep it their, which don’t misread what I'm trying to say. More skill / extreme skill is good. I think what’s happened is - This is a game that will challenge your skills and some in the community do not like or even want the challenge. Its understandable on both ends of the spectrum. You can see the point of the ones that"dont" find the game fun anymore because it has been a form of relaxation / hob snobby /  and at the same time being able to shoot under par, cool. Now it takes some work and there not diggin that for the reasons mentioned above. On the other side of the coin you have the Legends that are LOVIN IT. It has become a challenge again which is very cool. It also separates the men from the boys so to speak, because now the truly skilled players are the ones with these extremely low avgs.and great scoring games. Skill is the key word for the Legends that remain playing the game here at wgt. In order to achieve that type of skill takes time / effort / concentration / thinking out "almost every shot” / and most importantly DESIRE. Desire to achieve success. Desire to overcome these changes. Desire to be the BEST. What else is there. For the ones that want to throw a negative spin on this ..feel free man, but the fact of the matter is - WGT made these changes for some very obvious reasons. WGT will most likely not change these changes. Lastly - It is what it is...ty my friends, edge

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:17 AM

I dated a french girl named Desire' once about 25 years ago ... talk about a challenge.

Desire' is about 50 yrs old now ... Last year I saw her and she was working as the Beer Cart girl at on a golf course in Myrtle Beach.   My buddy said ... "I wonder what she must have looked like 25 years ago" ... I said ... "Hell - I wonder what she'll look like about 8 beers from now.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:21 AM

I like the new tees and greens, but hitting 4 iron into the majority of par 4's is far from reality.  A new set of clubs will make a large difference.  No pro worries about holding a green with a 6 or 5 iron in hand.  I played this weekend, and I am not a pro player, and was able to hit a 4 iron from 230yds and hold the green.  And I hit a slinging draw and the greens were running in excess of 11 on the stimp.  In this game I would have had to hit a hybrid or 3 wood and land 20yds short of green to have a chance to keep it on the dance floor. 

They took a step with this new system, unfortunately I think other steps should have come first.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:40 AM

In reards to the French girl....freaking LOL : ))))))))))))))))) ty Ivietri you made my day...yes! ty again my friend....

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:52 AM

I like the new game..  It was  to easy befor!  If people want to take some time off or even quit that,s fine ..    More golf for me

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:53 AM

LOL - LOL - LOL I am still laughing Ivietri..... This is by far the BEST reply EVER!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 9:11 AM

LV .. comes out for the standing O ... tips his cap, bows and curtsies :)

• PAGES
RSS