Forums

Help › Forums

UEL Tour: Spring 2014 edition

Fri, Jun 27 2014 1:46 PM (149 replies)
  • stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 4:12 PM

A very well organized series, Corwyn.    I've enjoyed it immensely.  With such a talented field this year,  I rarely troubled the top ten .

Still enjoying the uneven lies though, and will still compete in any competitions put  on  by WGT

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 4:23 PM

Excellent work Corwyn. 

If only you organised Wgt tournaments and not whatever numpty does it now. Wgt would be a much better place for sure.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, Jun 19 2014 5:42 PM

DAZZA501:

Excellent work Corwyn. 

If only you organised Wgt tournaments and not whatever numpty does it now. Wgt would be a much better place for sure.

+1

it was great fun

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 5:58 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It's been wonderful to have such high-participation, and a well-contested Tour, with a truly impressive level of scoring. Congratulations and thanks to everyone who took part.

Now, if there was a paid job available at WGT for doing this kind of stuff, for sure I'd be very interested... :)

Even though credits have clearly been awarded individually for the final tourney at Kiawah (I got my 19cr for tied 15th sometime during Wednesday 6/18, i.e. 30+ hours ago), I'm still waiting for the Wk 24 18-Hole Single Play Uneven Lies tourney leaderboard to display all the players' prizes so I can finish the Tour. It's one of the bizarre anomalies we seem to see sometimes in WGT: for some reason, there's a database synching delay. Shouldn't it all happen simultaneously?

I'm away for the next couple of days, but hope this will be ready to wrap up on my return over the weekend.

BTW: I've been to'ing and fro'ing all week on whether or not to set up a Summer UEL Tour as well, but am leaning towards giving it a rest until the fall/autumn. It's quite a bit of work, and I know I wouldn't be able to keep the spreadsheet updated as frequently. If anyone is really sad about this, please let me know.

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 7:20 AM

Looks like the prizes are displayed now. Thanks for a great tour, Corwyn! I'd have to agree that a Summer UEL Tour would be a bit much at this point after 12 weeks straight. Take your time off; you deserve it.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 8:00 AM

mmyers0:
    Looks like the prizes are displayed now.

Hmmm.... they're still missing for me. And I've force refreshed the page too. Very strange. Perhaps it's a browser thing. (I'm using Chrome on the Mac)

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Fri, Jun 20 2014 7:26 PM

Corwyn:

Hmmm.... they're still missing for me. And I've force refreshed the page too. Very strange. Perhaps it's a browser thing. (I'm using Chrome on the Mac)

If you're still having trouble with it, I've put the prizes into a pastebin in tab-separated format. I don't know whether you input them manually or with a script, but hopefully it will be of help either way.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 1:19 AM

anyone have any good rounds at pinehurst on uneven lies? i just shot a nice 64 in low wind

Front9

Back9

i had a good run of holes from the 3rd to the 7th where i made 3 birdies and got up and down for par twice. i had the wrong wind on the 4th so i had no chance of getting a birdy

i missed the ding on 10,11,12 and 14 which was annoying but my short game was good to keep the scorecard clean.

i played all the par 3's safe and managed to pick up 2 birdies which always helps the scorecard, a 20ft birdy on 6 and a 8ft birdy on 17.

only had 61% GIR but had 100% in Driving, Scambling and Sand Safes which helped

• petethepup
    204 Posts
    Sat, Jun 21 2014 1:35 AM

Hope you enjoy your summer Corwyn.

Thanks for a great tour. No doubt it was a lot of work.

Lookin forward to autumn tour.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Jun 22 2014 7:27 AM

mmyers0:
    If you're still having trouble with it, I've put the prizes into a pastebin in tab-separated format. I don't know whether you input them manually or with a script, but hopefully it will be of help either way.

Thanks mm! Yes, that is extremely helpful. I'm at a loss to understand why I'm not getting the prizes column data in any browser, even after clearing caches, force refreshing etc. If any computer experts see this, and can offer suggestions, I'd be very interested to learn more.

I've now added the missing prizes to the spreadsheet (from mm's helpful download), and expect to be able to wrap up everything properly today.

Thanks for your patience, everyone!

RSS