Mon, Sep 27 2010 10:52 PM (33 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 6:25 PM

Thanks columbia.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 6:49 PM

My fingers are tired from writing all day, but here goes........ Wgt changed the tier system so the scores would be more realistic, and not like TWO. WGT wants to be the most realistic comp game for golf, if you ask me they could make it a lot tougher if they wanted, and who knows? Maybe they will, I get upset when I shoot above my average just like all here, but what the heck,eh? It's like the guy said " Sometimes I miss my ex-wife.......... so I just reload and take aim again".

Hang in there, and remember.... it could be a lot worse!

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 7:29 PM

I agree lets make it more realistic.  Tour average driving distance 286.1.  Longest hitter average 315.9.  Longest Drive Steve Stricker 427 yards.  Keep the courses the same.  But give us yardages that fit our title Legends.  Look this is a game that some of us play way too much.  If the PGA pros played as much as us they would be as good as us.  Do you know how many years it takes for a pro to accumulate 3,000 rounds like iconian and bolloxinbruges and avatarlee.   You guys have to get a grasp of how really good they are. 

If most of these guys put in the time they did in this game into their real golf game they would be scratch or better golfers.  Some of them are.  I have played in the last three months over 240 rounds.  That is just short of the number of rounds when I played professionally.  Not to mention all the multiplayer rounds on top of that. 

Remember it is a game but lets not look at PGA Tour stats for how we should be playing.  Tiger proofing has really ruined the game not enhanced.

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 7:33 PM

You didn't see AvatarLee's average driving distance in the virtual open championship?  First round 295 (low winds), second round over 300 (sometimes with assistance though).  Driving distance seems to be just fine based on that.

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 8:47 PM

First off,

Unless it's on a Wii, there's no way to replicate a swing which is the most important part of realistic golf. A "meter" just doesn't cut it. It should be the first black eye of unrealistic golf and the first indicator that this is a GAME. (...and I know True Swing is easy to cheat so please don't heckle.)

Secondly, the game, as it is, provides no incentive to advance tiers at all. It's quite the contrary. Why would a master with the best clubs in the game want to advance? To drive further? You'd have to be an idiot to want this. At least in the old tier constraint with the clubs, you had the incentive to advance to get better clubs. Now, there's no incentive with the exception of pure boredum.

Tertiary, anyone who suggests making the game harder isn't driving the championship tees or playing the championship greens and especially not both. 

My thought would be to add a stricter punishment on averages on RG's when you WD or are disqualified. Many dishonest low average players withdraw RG's more than they post a score. Punish their average more harshly on RG's ONLY so it's more realistic and you'll see a big change in averages quickly. RG's give you no excuse to not re-enter if your browser or internet crashes. You can reboot and keep playing.

TMPC

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 10:00 PM

when the player is a chronic early out, you can start the penalty by not allowing them to get into another multi player game, or any game based on a time limit or a time out period from any play. the more often they do it the longer the no play period..... my 2cents.

• mekongmarcus
    152 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 11:06 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    How would you feel if you dinged your shot, but it still went into the water or 30 yards to the left or the right of the green anyways, and if something like this happened every 10 shots?  That would be sort of annoying! 

That would be fine by me,just like my round of golf on my local course each Sunday.

People spitting out their dummies because they can no longer shoot 54/55 is a little sad.

• WYCHEWES
    96 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 2:13 AM

For you ? Yes your ex wife could come back lol.

• rainman692
    54 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 3:05 AM

TextMyPC:

Unless it's on a Wii, there's no way to replicate a swing which is the most important part of realistic golf. A "meter" just doesn't cut it. It should be the first black eye of unrealistic golf and the first indicator that this is a GAME. (...and I know True Swing is easy to cheat so please don't heckle.)

Secondly, the game, as it is, provides no incentive to advance tiers at all. It's quite the contrary. Why would a master with the best clubs in the game want to advance? To drive further? You'd have to be an idiot to want this. At least in the old tier constraint with the clubs, you had the incentive to advance to get better clubs. Now, there's no incentive with the exception of pure boredum.

I totally agree, especially the 2nd part. WGT should have considered that before the update. Many of us knew what was coming and said so, but WGT didn't listen.

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 2:52 PM

For added realism, poor shots need greater punishment.  Lengthening courses in the real world was in response to club and ball technology.  It wasn't just the drivers.  Wedges going 150yds and clubs that produced spin from the rough.  The latter has been reined back but the first two in conjunction with distance balls that fly straight and spin rendered many courses obsolete.

In WGT the answer is not to lengthen courses as the clubs aren't up to the job.  The divers may be, but irons certainly not.  A PGA touring pro would comfortably hit a 3 iron 230, with great height.  In WGT this doesn't happen on hard greens.

The answer therefore, bigger variance for missed dings.  Rewards the true legends.

RSS