Help › Forums

from yards to meters

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 15 2014 5:25 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RampagingRodent
    415 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 2:16 PM

Traditionally ..... maybe ...... as an Australian all the courses I play are in metres. It seriously could not be that difficult.

If WGT can exclude countries and states from events, or even the site, then they should be able to have a preferred measurement icon in the options settings.

F$%k, they easily do a currency conversion when buying credits. Happy to take the dollar but no interest in the members requests or needs.

Again, I say, ALL 4 ONE, ONE 4 ALL.

Rodent ..... OUT

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 2:33 PM

courteneyfish:
    Why not stick to the subject or did you just come here to flash your ***?

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 2:41 PM

^^^^^^^ that is hilarious 

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 2:43 PM

MainzMan:

Golf courses are traditionally measured in yards, it's unlikely WGT is going to change anything any time soon.

I agree to the second part but I beg to differ concerning the "traditionally yards" thing.

It may be true in the UK (against federal laws AFAIK) and in the USA (no comment), but I suppose that in the German golf tradition of more than 100 years, distances have always been given the metric way. This is a fact in presence, for sure! On my travel itineraries, there has been not a single European or North African course south of Mullion Golf Club (Cornwall, closest to Lizard Point) showing yards - all were in meters.

(edit: Jersey and Guernsey might beat this latitude)

@DDeSmedt: Don't worry about yards or meters, it doesn't matter if a drive lands at 250 yds or 250 m - all is relative!

About the difference in lower ranges, it is as Courteney states: Get used to the conversions, it will become easier as time passes. You may get trouble calculating tapestry in meters before you become a Legend ;)

And, consider the positives in those rules of thumb: on the putting green, 3 inches of elevation are worth one foot of length (imagine a 7.5 for 31 cm or 1 : 4 metric conversion), and from fairway, 3 feet of elevation are worth a yard difference (o.k., that is 1 / 1)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 5:25 PM

PaulTon:

courteneyfish:
    Why not stick to the subject or did you just come here to flash your ***?

LMAO people.

Back to the points, sorry point:)

If everything else was perfect it would be pleasant to be able to swap.  Being of mature years (boy in the 70s), and growing up in England I still think in imperial.  Living in Australia everything is metric.  Guess what I am saying is easy enough to get used to both IMO.

I agree (because of my age / history probably) that for things like football, OK soccer for the heathens), the 10 yard centre circle has more ring than the 9.144 metres circle.  Even our American cousins now buy coca cola in litre bottles though, and so the slippery slope is upon us all. 

• PAGES
RSS