Help › Forums

from yards to meters

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 15 2014 5:25 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DDeSmedt
    15 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 6:21 AM

hi, is there a way to change from yards to meters. i'm used to work with the metric system

and i think it would be helpfull iff the distance is in meters. love the game 

thanks

ddesmedt

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 11:25 AM

Golf courses are traditionally measured in yards, it's unlikely WGT is going to change anything any time soon.

Really though, what does it matter?   The numbers are what counts and they're all the same unit of measurement.  Whether it's yards, meters or elephant's tails makes no difference.

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 11:34 AM

MainzMan:

Golf courses are traditionally measured in yards, it's unlikely WGT is going to change anything any time soon.

Really though, what does it matter?   The numbers are what counts and they're all the same unit of measurement.  Whether it's yards, meters or elephant's tails makes no difference.

No difference? What if that elephant comes back looking for his tail?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 11:53 AM

It's the feet and inches that make it tricky for metric users.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 12:36 PM

hi

no plans to offer meters, sorry :)

-wgticon

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 12:44 PM

12 inches = 1 foot

3 feet = 1 yard

1 yard = 0.9144 meter.

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 12:57 PM

'A miss is as good as 1.609 kilometres' isn't quite as catchy as it's imperial equivalent, hehe.

• fancygirl4u
    91 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 1:10 PM

WGTICON my suggestion is make it real. I have tried to play numerous tournaments only to find that there are some many times when the ball doesn't go where or far enough to my swing. It's obvious there are some problems with the programming of your VEM and i just wanted you to know that.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 1:31 PM

fancygirl4u:

WGTICON my suggestion is make it real. I have tried to play numerous tournaments only to find that there are some many times when the ball doesn't go where or far enough to my swing. It's obvious there are some problems with the programming of your VEM and i just wanted you to know that.

Why not stick to the subject or did you just come here to flash your ***?

• tramilleo
    1,865 Posts
    Sat, Mar 15 2014 1:43 PM

lol  ^^^^ Courtney :)  agreed.

do a Google image search everyone lol it is a nifty little button, for all chrome users, it is a free extension. Then you can get an idea of who  we are befriending lol

• PAGES
RSS