New Course: Celtic Manor

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 16 2010 8:40 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTSky
    223 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 1:33 PM

Hi guys,

If you haven't heard, you can now find yourself on the Twenty Ten Course at Celtic Manor, home of this year's Rider Cup.  Stop by for a free 9 hole CTTH game and a chance to win a golf trip for two to Wales, UK. 

And if you have friends who've been curious about WGT but have yet to make an account to face you on the green, have them check out the Drive The 15th experience...right after you've mastered it :)

And please, let us know here what you think about the Twenty Ten.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 2:10 PM

Very nice, I'm ready to tee it up!

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 2:11 PM

WGTSky:

And please, let us know here what you think about the Twenty Ten.

Course looks fantastic.

While I appreciated giving everyone a fair opportunity to win a chance to go and play on this course, I'd have loved to see something for the lowest score too.   I know I used many many GISD balls on the KLM tournament, but for this one I don't see it being worth using up balls on it with no prizes based on performance.

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 2:16 PM

Really enjoy the look of the course.  The pictures our fantastic and would love to play so stroke play on that course.  Is that going to be an option. 

Great job WGT.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 2:34 PM

Then do like the rest of us do and play with the free balls.

• Mendeville
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:18 PM
    Great course, must be fun to play a complete round. Will be an option for stroke play???
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:49 PM

Sky,

Is that Drive the 15th supposed to be anonymous, or should we be able to log in somehow and have it track our best shot?

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:13 PM

Much like the Pebble beach challenge, the drive the 15th challenge is anonymous, open to the public. Personally, i think this makes the challenge a bit more... challenging :P.

P.S. Anyone manage to stick it close yet? After 10-15 tries i got it to 25 feet. Happy hitting!

• Serj
    57 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:28 PM

bullpin:

Much like the Pebble beach challenge, the drive the 15th challenge is anonymous, open to the public. Personally, i think this makes the challenge a bit more... challenging :P.

P.S. Anyone manage to stick it close yet? After 10-15 tries i got it to 25 feet. Happy hitting!

It was pretty funny, first shot I had at it I hit it 6.3 feet away. 2nd time I hit the flagstick, but it bounced about 11 feet away. I was pretty surprised when I heard the heart beat first shot at it, then right again the next time! Haha

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 8:38 PM

This was a total surprise, very unexpected.

Another beautiful course, with a different style than all the other courses.

Just one nit pic, and that was the over use of the 145 and 160 irons.

Again, TY keep em coming!

Cant even imagine what the next full stroke course3 will be.

• PAGES
RSS