Help › Forums

UEL Tour !!!

Tue, Apr 1 2014 11:22 AM (37 replies)
  • SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 11:40 AM

overtheedge:

Corwyn:

Please feel free to offer any and all feedback. And look out for the start of the next tour in 3 weeks, which will be for qualification to play in the UEL Ryder Cup (for which there will be a separate thread in the community tourney forum)!

Thanks, Corwyn

Heres some feed back - WGT should hire you Corwyn,,lol. Seriously!  The work, time, and dedication you put into creating this one thread should be compensated by a salary.

Chad - this is one community member that would take WGT to a whole new level. 

WTG Corwyn. You do outstanding work. 

I agree 100%...But maybe they could also hire some one to get the UEL straightened out so we dont have to play fantasy shots when you stray into the red zone !!!

As regards Corwyn & Cerino your endeavour to promote UEL is admirable, but i just cant take it seriously whilst the issue mentioned remains.

Best of luck fellas !

• petethepup
    204 Posts
    Wed, Mar 5 2014 12:42 PM

Thank you Corwyn, my only experience with UEL in the past was just a handful of holes here and there, and I came away with it being unrealistic. I even posted about it being so. But after reading your thread, I decided to give it another try, and I have to say I dont  think  I have ever enjoyed the game as much as I just did.

I was +3 thru 5 holes and managed to get it back to even par by the end of the round. Also missed some putts to get my score in the red.

But what I really enjoyed, was that although I gave it up in the past as unrealistic, what was most enjoyable today was that the game, ironically felt more realistic than ever, in how I had to concentrate and think out each and every shot.

Already looking forward to next weeks round.  Guess I will play the monthly UEL for practice, but I never did care much for unlimited play.

Thanks again for the incentive to give UEL another try, and also the amount of work you put into this.    Take care,  pete.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 3:09 AM

Hey guys

I'll let mr shoe comment when he has a chance, since I do not set these up. I can't be sure if all will happen but I hope so. 

-wgticon

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, Mar 6 2014 10:11 AM

Very nice work on the spreadsheet Corwyn,  I'll definitely be playing the weekly ULs now.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Mar 8 2014 4:00 AM

I was thinking, why not making the first WGT UEL Match Championship?

We are not thousands of players playing UEL, however it would be a good amount of UEL players interested on a match championship.....I think.

Just an idea :-)

Eric

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Mar 10 2014 10:16 AM

An MP event would be great, Eric! Anyone up for organizing it?

WGTicon:
    Hey guys

I'll let mr shoe comment when he has a chance, since I do not set these up. I can't be sure if all will happen but I hope so. 

-wgticon

No word yet from Mr Shoe... but it's nice to see one of our missing courses, St. Andrews, in use this week. That just leaves Congressional as the only course not yet used in the rotation for these weekly UEL single-play tourneys.

It would be great to know if it will be possible to set up the following 12 weeks as a full rotation.

FYI everyone: the scores from the wk10 Best of Hardest tourney, which concluded last night, are now posted in the spreadsheet. fmagnets' very impressive 59, a score achieved with the added pressure of dodgy meter while recording Bandicam, held up till the last day when pipped by a super 57 by FairwayRuepel68. Well done Mark! Legend tier saw two great 61s (in heavier wind conditions) from nonstoptaxi and STIGNottm.

I've heard that some players can't access the new Google Sheets properly, so I'll try and find time to post snapshots of the top part of several of the standings.

fmagnets:
    Because I thought Corwyn would probably enjoy it, I recorded this week's UEL BoH round in 4 real time Bandicam vids and posted them in my profile. Apologies for the dodgy ball striking!!

Hey Mags! Thank you so much for this... I did enjoy watching your vids. You made it all look so easy (which it certainly wasn't for me this week, lol!).

It really is incredibly helpful to anyone new to UEL to see all the adjustments you were making for the lies (although stunning to me that you do it all without even making use of zoom views). 

bhoese:
    Also, Corwyn is having trouble arriving at a fair way to merge the leaderboards of different tiers.  Could we get identical conditions for Legends and Tour Legends in the UEL weeklies?

Ben, I've been thinking about your suggestion here, and wondering if identical conditions really is ideal or not... ? One standard feature about the Free weekly tourneys is that they seem to always offer the green speed of your own tier, and I suspect that's part of the appeal. If we mixed that up, would it risk some players in either tier being less willing to give UEL a try?

Also, if we asked Legends to play these tourneys in Champ speeds that would give a big advantage to TLs who are so much more used to the speed. And, vice versa, would it not penalize TLs to force them to play in Tourney speed ... or are they more likely to play a wider range of green speeds since they're probably our most active players anyway?

In some ways, the current setup, with TLs having the faster green speed, while Ls have the (slightly) heavier wind conditions, may be best all around.

It's a fascinating topic, though, and I'd love to hear other people's thoughts...

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 12:56 AM

uneven lies is great, at the moment its all i play, if i play smart i can get the same scores as i would playing even lies, good job with the spreadsheets, plenty of info

• DJW2307
    13,397 Posts
    Tue, Mar 11 2014 2:17 AM

Corwyn:

David: Thanks for your response! You're exactly the kind of player this work is hoping to attract. I'm so glad to hear that you're trying UEL out, and having fun tackling the challenge.

Cheers Corwyn....Yes, really enjoying and even got one of my mates Steve (SteveW65) from our CC involved in a weekly UEL challenge between the 2 of us, so hopefully spreading the word further....So looking forward to further challenges.

David

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 1:30 AM

DJW2307:

Corwyn:

David: Thanks for your response! You're exactly the kind of player this work is hoping to attract. I'm so glad to hear that you're trying UEL out, and having fun tackling the challenge.

Cheers Corwyn....Yes, really enjoying and even got one of my mates Steve (SteveW65) from our CC involved in a weekly UEL challenge between the 2 of us, so hopefully spreading the word further....So looking forward to further challenges.

David

Yep.. I'm in! What an amazing spreadsheet - great work! And it's the sort of thing that gives you that little extra incentive to get out there and face the UEL demons... Thanks to David for pointing this out, despite the odd impossible shot, it really does get you using the brain a little more.

Now, time to go learn how to play it.... fmagnets videos here I come! :)

Steve

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Wed, Mar 12 2014 10:24 AM

I think if WGT were to raise the purse some for UEL comps, they would attract more players. Some people will not risk ball loss for so little return. 

Second point, toning down some of the extremely exagerrated lies (i.e. bunker faces)... they don't play nearly that hard in real life. 

Good work Corwyn ...

RSS