Forums

Help › Forums

The 1st-ever perfect UEL round!

Fri, Jun 13 2014 8:03 AM (40 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 6:52 AM

To my mind, this is such a landmark achievement it really deserves a public announcement.

Yesterday, fmagnets shot a perfect 52, 18 straight birdies in the weekly uneven lies single-play tourney at Bethpage.

Here are his card and stats (reproduced from a blog post on his profile):

I know Bethpage is the flattest course we have in unevens, but even so this is a stunning accomplishment. Mags had an Ave. distance to the pin of just 8.2ft, and hit every fairway and every green. As you can see, it didn't depend on a series of long bombs either, with the longest putt being 20ft.

Now that the very top players have demonstrated that they can shoot scores as good with unevens as with the flats, perhaps it's time to have some more high-profile events be UEL as well... ? I know that having the VUSO be UEL would be asking a lot (although it would be better proof of who the very best players are, IMO), but how about the return of some major monthly UEL Invitationals?

----------------------

FYI: I did ask Mags for his permission to post this, as he's far too modest to blow his own trumpet! BTW: he mentioned that Sebicu has had an -18 at BoF in an UEL RG before (but that included at least a couple of eagles), so to the best of our knowledge this is the first perfect round, with every hole birdied).

And his own comment on the round: "It's definitely the best thing I've achieved in this game."

Fantastic. Congratulations Mags!

• DAD111
    582 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 8:10 AM

Corwyn:

And his own comment on the round: "It's definitely the best thing I've achieved in this game."

Fantastic. Congratulations Mags!

^^^^^ +1.  I'd just like to add my own congrats to Mags on a fantastic score. I don't play UEL as it takes me all my time to break par anywhere else on here....lol...

It shows what can be achieved by practice, hard work and learning this game. A great example for anyone here, especially new members. WELL DONE!!

Bob 

• TarheelsRule
    5,497 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 8:24 AM

That is a fantastic round.  I do agree that BPB is probably the most flat of any of the courses for the Uneven Lies but 18 birdies on any course with normal conditions is great much less uneven lies.

For those who don't play UEL much, play a few rounds and you will appreciate what he did here.  Sometimes a small lie can move your shot several yards, 

Great round and thanks for posting this.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 8:26 AM

Corwyn:
    Yesterday, fmagnets shot a perfect 52, 18 straight birdies in the weekly uneven lies single-play tourney at Bethpage.

Did we expect anything less ?

A gentleman on and off the course..

.and always a pleasure to play with and learn from.

N1 Mag

Andy

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 8:38 AM

Two important factors involved: UL & single play!

Simply amazing and to me even more important achievement than those 49 scores on normal lies due to the difficulty of the Uneven Lies.

Huge congratulations Mags, you become, in my book, one of the best in the game...if not the best.

Eric

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 8:51 AM

LOLserver:
    Two important factors involved: UL & single play!

Good point Eric......makes the round even more impressive !

I would go with  'The best' too..

...given when he decides to put the effort in...very few triumph !

^^  ( unless..cough, cough )

Andy

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 10:12 AM

Most amazing round score I've ever seen. One time played and it's perfect. I hope this can be appreciated for what it truly is. Mastery of the conditions, Mastery of the course design, and Mastery of the Game. If one player can do it we all could do it. Mags separates himself from all others by accomplishment.

[stands and applauds!!!]

~CD~

• TopShelf2010
    10,882 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 10:33 AM

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 10:49 AM

Hey Mags, you been bloody cheatin' again?

Uh-oh, I feel another warning coming on.

TopShelf2010:

I do believe WGT should sticky that card somewhere as a motivating tool for the rest of us mere mortals.

Felix Baumgartner jumped out of a balloon that was 24 miles above the Earth in 2012.  Sure as f**k didn't motivate me to do the same though.

It's a fine line between being inspired and being depressed because you know you'll never be able to do that.

• gordonparker
    824 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2014 11:13 AM

Congratulations!

gordon

RSS