Forums

Help › Forums

Testing some Tourneys for Legends

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 14 2010 9:36 PM (38 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 11:58 PM

Front nine was 16-22 wind and championship greens, I think.  Can't speak for the rest of the RG's.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 12:32 AM

I appreciate what they are trying to do but it seems like they made the Legend only ready go easier....On full 18 the wind is low yet for the regular full 18 the wind is high....If the conditions are difficult in the legends only ready go we wouldn't really care because no one is playing with an advantage.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 1:19 AM

Heavy winds I agree with.  However,  I would restrict SA to moderate winds from the championship tees.  JMO, 30 mph winds from the championship tees can be an great advantage to some and a great disadvantage to others.  We all know that the wind direction is random.  I don't mind 30 mph from the Tournament tees. 

Rationale from the championship tees.

For example, 30 mph headwind into #17, will make 17 challenging indeed.  Par would be excellent score, bogey most likely.  A tail wind would make the approach to 17 most likely a punch shot with a excellent probability of making par.

Also, using #17 as an example with a 30mph right to left cross wind.  Generally you will be lucky to keep the ball in the fairway.  Which will leave you interesting approach most likely from the fescue.  You will be playing your 3rd shot  somewhere in front of the green hoping to get close with a wedge.  

I not complaining, I enjoy the challenges the championship tees have to offer.  The windage at this magnitude since the wind direction is random, then the contest may become lopsided.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 7:08 AM

I like the idea of the Legend only ready gos, it is an even playing field, unfortunately for me the legend pool that will play this will be very stiff competition. 

I guess I am going to have to bring my "A" game all the time.  Now where did I put that?

Cheers 

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 7:48 AM

iconian:

I guess I have more questions than answers.

1. Was the goal of back 9 sta be off master tees?

2. What happened to the heavy wind?

IMO, 18 hole MUST BE heavy wind. Yes, some folks will get their ass kicked (including me), but there is nothing I enjoy more than a 31 side wind approach with wedge that side spins 15ft.

Here is what I recommend:

1. Tees, I don't care!

2. Wind, at least 1 out 3 has to be heavy for each course.I prefer 18 because it's more of a grind and generally better player wins over 18 than 9.

only thing about having high winds with 18 holes is you'll get a lack of participation. Already see that with BP 18. To me 18 holes should be the easiest, so players will want to fill it up then.

• WYLBILL81
    69 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 7:52 AM

WGTSky:

We have set up some new tournaments for this weekend specifically for those in the Legend tier. As a Legend, you'll find Front, Back, and Full 18 hole Ready Go tournaments, at St. Andrews, that run through Sunday.

Remember, this is just a test.

So if you would, please reply to this post and let us know what you think.  Good Idea?  Not-So-Good-Idea?  Why or Why Not?

i'm a legend, LMAO and i can't play ready go's so your test does me no good. why not try to fix the meter glitches and some of the putting grids.. for days now i have been putting on grids that read one way and the ball goes the other way, again LMAO

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 11:20 AM

Infinito3010:

Heavy winds I agree with.  However,  I would restrict SA to moderate winds from the championship tees.  JMO, 30 mph winds from the championship tees can be an great advantage to some and a great disadvantage to others.  We all know that the wind direction is random.  I don't mind 30 mph from the Tournament tees. 

Rationale from the championship tees.

For example, 30 mph headwind into #17, will make 17 challenging indeed.  Par would be excellent score, bogey most likely.  A tail wind would make the approach to 17 most likely a punch shot with a excellent probability of making par.

Also, using #17 as an example with a 30mph right to left cross wind.  Generally you will be lucky to keep the ball in the fairway.  Which will leave you interesting approach most likely from the fescue.  You will be playing your 3rd shot  somewhere in front of the green hoping to get close with a wedge.  

I not complaining, I enjoy the challenges the championship tees have to offer.  The windage at this magnitude since the wind direction is random, then the contest may become lopsided

that's a valid point, however I think it will even out in the course of the weeks playing with you getitng screwed on #17 today and me tomorow :)

ncviz:

only thing about having high winds with 18 holes is you'll get a lack of participation. Already see that with BP 18. To me 18 holes should be the easiest, so players will want to fill it up then.

Fair enough, any 9 will be fine, but STA without heavy winds is like Lou without Rob behind him, carring his clubs

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 11:25 AM

I'm enjoying the legend only RGs (aside from my scores).

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 11:29 AM

andyson:

Not-so-good for Legends who live in Arizona, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Iowa, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Montana, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, or Vermont and are not eligible for Ready Gos.  Maybe next weekend something set up for us?  Don't ask Sky, I ain't moving states for you. LOL

^^

I can test too. Hope we get something.

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Sat, Sep 11 2010 4:24 PM

I also am enjoying the legend tier RG's.  A note they fill up quite quick and level competition.  Thank you for your hard work and making a quick adjustment.  I would mind mixing up tee boxes in these events as it keeps it interesting.  I remember you guys running a monthly one time from the red tees quite a blast.  You should mix that in with the RG's and it would make for some good times.  Trust me everyone would like that.

RSS