Forums

Help › Forums

the pleasure has gone

Thu, Sep 9 2010 10:56 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • plim
    1,388 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:11 AM

Since the new levels and tiers have come in, the pleasure of playing this game has disappeared for me. i looked forward to the weekly comps and playing some ready go's (only ever won one). i've been a member of this site for nearly 18 months and have spent quite a bit of money along the way, but to what end. pushed to the back tees, fairways that if the wind is blowing the wrong way are nearly impossible to reach. greens to slick that a 3 putt is a good result. i know i'll get to grips with things in the weeks and month's ahead its just i think WGT have pushed things a little to far this time. it seems more of a leap forward than a step. too many players were caught in the legend tier than everybody was expecting. the legend tier should have been only for the top 2 or 3 hundred players making it just for the elite players.

Wgt had the right policy improve your game, advance tier more clubs available. now i have to play x amount of rounds etc to release clubs that were available to me before. so i'm going to waste weeks if not months to get too where i was a week or so ago.

i always like playing with a level playing field where skill and practise pay dividends. now it seems the better you are the more the goalposts are moved or altered.

till the pleasure of this game returns i refuse to spend money (except to buy balls) till wgt level out the slope on the playing field

• itl932
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:19 AM

It is a shame to see so many posts like this in the forums now, and not only from the more experienced players.  I think there is a question that businesses (and this is what WGT is after all) often don't stop and think about - while WGT was busy doing all the things that it could, they didn't stop to think if they should do some of them.

Any business that alienates its customers is going to be in trouble fairly quickly.  Whilst WGT is a game, it is a game that costs money to play at the best levels and the changes that have been made seem to have increased the need to spend without a commensurate return to the player at the moment.  Many seem to be calling for WGT to look at the imbalance that has been created, I hope they are taking notice.

• johnell1s
    20 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:29 AM

I agrree with your comments, I was really enjoying this game but now I am not able to to have a decent round at all, I was playing well to a standard I enjoyed but new green speeds are making it impossible for the average player to have a game let alone a decent round.

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:56 AM

I'm with you plim - with a couple of exceptions.

I won't be playing or buying anything until something is done to fix the myriad of issues plaguing this game right now.

I play games to relax and have fun. I can't do either with WGT anymore. :(

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:56 AM

I agree 100%,  This game was an obsession and now, its just a site to visit for an hour or so.  The fun of the game is gone.  I really loved to play this site, and now its just more of a headache.  But we keep pushing ahead and hopefully I will get better at this.  

I used to play  this site maybe 5 hours a day,  and now Im down to an hour or two.  Its just not what it used to be. Between  the push back  of 50 yrds  to the inconsistent greens,  it's alittle over to top.  I miss my so called MASTER status.   I agree with PLIM;  the the LEGEND status should have been reserved for those truly deserving to be called a legend.    After playing  this new teir,  I myself  do not have the true skill to be one.  Ask me again in another 2 months and just maybe I can get back  to having a descent game.

Put us NON-LEGENDS  back to where we belong.  Then in time if I make LEGEND for real,  Maybe I will be deserving of the title.  

Just my opinion on the Subject! 

• dansamcam
    1,739 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:08 AM

I too am disappointed with WGT's last change :-(

• bill4800
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:10 AM

I will have to go along with all three comments...I was having lots of fun, now not so much.  Don't fix it if its not broken.

• rainman692
    54 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:28 AM

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 9:32 AM

I love the black tees and the slick greens (bugs aside) but before the update in another forum I had anticipated these problems.

Quote:

"Seems to me the main issue is sandbagging.  In MP I can avoid playing against players from a different tier. Sandbagging is a problem in mixed tier tourneys such as RG's, and that is where the money is for the good players: it's understandable that we are concerned about others with the same equipment and a false rank teeing off from easier tees. I might not play RGs any more if this new system proofs faulty.

Why not divide RGs into tiers like the weekly tourneys then ??

And why not count only SINGLE tournament rounds for the ranking system? That's how it works in reality, after all."  

End quote

AND THIS is the comment I got from neildiamond, one of our best players, who obviously should have known better:

Quote:

"Columbia, premium tourneys and match play are the areas where sandbaggers make the most damage.  I will play the best "pro" sandbagger any day in a ready go, I dont think many masters are really worried about them.  But the premium tourney that same "pro" should not be pro, they have the skills to be a master, but are playing other pro's.  Imagine someone as good as bullox having an average of 68 in the pro tier, despite him not playing with master clubs, the guy is still gonna destroy every other pro.  In the premium tourney it would mean he walks away with the real prizes, and in the MPC he is gonna take away everyones credits.   The beauty of Ready Go's is there is no separation of tiers, the downside of RG's is Pro's and Amateurs are playing against masters."

End quote

• johnell1s
    20 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 12:16 PM

Seems that the game (that's all it is really) has become so less enjoyable now, I was on here 2-3 hours a day, enjoying the challenge and chatting to others as well. I am not a good player but one that enjoyed playing and winning a few games as well. I just hope that this is not the end of a few months of enjoying a game and I I have to find another one that lets me compete at a level that I can enjoy.I respect those who want to spend more time trying to master (no pun!) the game, but it should allow the average player to enjoy as well.

• PAGES
RSS