Forums

Help › Forums

Would love an explanation for this 1!!!!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 10 2010 1:21 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 1:40 AM

Ok Wgt can you please explain why after going in the water Due to your loverly VEM machine why  am i now playing my third shot from hard sand,,LOLOL  Would really appreciate the reason for this and if this is wrong can i please get a refund haha..

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 1:51 AM

I know you like difficult challenges .... LOL ... Ask WGT if they can hire you to discover all bugs of the game !!!!! YOU'RE ALWAYS N.1 

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:04 AM

I was just about to play my VEMd third shot when i saw hard and,,i couldn't stop laughing hahah  and that shot went in the water as well and i ended up back there again hahaha . but then i withdrew!!pffft

• Naughtyone
    873 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 2:27 AM

PRIESTESS:

I was just about to play my VEMd third shot when i saw hard and,,i couldn't stop laughing hahah  and that shot went in the water as well and i ended up back there again hahaha . but then i withdrew!!pffft

Hi Gurl-- I'm  Connie

Why doesn't WGT also let us gurls hit from the ladies tees?  If they are gonna change all this up--why not give us our own U.S.G.A   right as women to tee from our respective tees?

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:28 AM

I find myself in the same boat this morning. All the hard work undone with a meter skip....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:46 AM

Had exactly the same happen to me yesterday Tiffer. Rather annoyingly it was in our monthy CC Championship and I would have come in with the joint-lead score. However, one trip in the pond after a nice bit of lag led to a triple bogey and a throughly average score.

As to where the drop is, it must be the first droppable point in line with entry to the water. As Dustin Johnson found out at Whistling Straights, sand is everywhere on this type of course. You'd have thought WGT could have found a slightly nicer lie though rather than punish you further for ending up in the drink.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 3:56 AM

Thanks for the explanation Jim. In the end I managed to escape with a double bogey. It's a novel feeling walking off the green in which you've made a double bogey feeling quite pleased with yourself, lol....

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 5:20 AM

Would that then be the droppable point in real golf ..i.e  in sand?,Just curious because ive never seen that before on TV

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:08 AM

jim is correct,  I dont think there are any rules governing how far back in your line of flight that you can drop behind the water, so in this case, wgt could have found light lie grass for your drop. Also, lateral water hazards usually have drop zones and are marked, players also have the option to take stroke and distance, and re-tee hitting 3. LOL at you for going in there.

• DougBieker
    333 Posts
    Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:31 AM

Depending on how the hazard is marked(ie. lateral or frontal hazard...if it is a frontal hazard staked with yellow you may go back as far as you want keeping the point it last crossed the hazard between you and the flagstick and draw a line and go back forever not necessarily toward the tee.  It can be quite helpful as Ive used it many many times.....

• PAGES
RSS