Help › Forums

Outstanding request. Legends, unite!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 5 2010 10:47 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GGLG2010
    22 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 12:35 PM

I would love a brief explanation as to why I and other so called Legends -- who have to play in extreme conditions and find the Super R9 and i15 clubs hardly manageable with GI-SD balls -- we are denied the option of at least G12-SD balls. The far back tees and super fast greens call for balls with extra distance and spin, and the super fast meter of the new master clubs in question call for balls with extra feel. It follows that the plain G12 balls fall short of the mark on 2 counts. As I said before, not every member has the sharp reflexes of AvatarLee. So the need for a ball with SD characteristics and at least 2 feel increments is clearly there.

Check the forums and check what Legends have in their bags. In a multitude of cases, they either complain about the Super R9 and i15 clubs' being so hard to handle that they returned to the R9 and G10 clubs, or they say nothing, but do the same.

Note: when I say "at least" G12-SD balls, I imply that WGT could do even better and issue Legend balls with 3 distance increments and a minimum of 2 feel increments. Spin, I don't know. The landing must remain real.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 1:04 PM

Not sure why we have to give up 50 yards a hole in MP either. Hell of a decision by the dwarfs I guess. WGT hired all the Enron boys to run this I guess! JMO

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 1:04 PM

ok, I can accept the greens, even the gale force winds on every hole at SA, how about a frickin driver that goes 300 from the death tee's and balls that stick, Agreed! 240 yards on a par 3 give me a frickin break! Maybe I should have my Avatar designed by stan lee!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 1:09 PM

GGLG2010:
    we are denied the option of at least G12-SD balls

Why can't you use these?

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 1:13 PM

YankeeJim:

GGLG2010:
    we are denied the option of at least G12-SD balls

Why can't you use these?

I believe we have G12-D and G12-S but not G12-SD at this point.

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 1:23 PM

Sargenjd01:

ok, I can accept the greens, even the gale force winds on every hole at SA, how about a frickin driver that goes 300 from the death tee's and balls that stick, Agreed! 240 yards on a par 3 give me a frickin break! Maybe I should have my Avatar designed by stan lee!

an avatar by stan lee?

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 1:25 PM

pretty good, I did not think of that one!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 6:52 PM

ComplexP:
    I believe we have G12-D and G12-S but not G12-SD at this point.

Ah, I see-everybody's deprived of using these because they don't exist. I get it.  :-)

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 7:13 PM

GGLG2010:

I would love a brief explanation as to why I and other so called Legends -- who have to play in extreme conditions and find the Super R9 and i15 clubs hardly manageable with GI-SD balls -- we are denied the option of at least G12-SD balls. The far back tees and super fast greens call for balls with extra distance and spin, and the super fast meter of the new master clubs in question call for balls with extra feel. It follows that the plain G12 balls fall short of the mark on 2 counts. As I said before, not every member has the sharp reflexes of AvatarLee. So the need for a ball with SD characteristics and at least 2 feel increments is clearly there.

Check the forums and check what Legends have in their bags. In a multitude of cases, they either complain about the Super R9 and i15 clubs' being so hard to handle that they returned to the R9 and G10 clubs, or they say nothing, but do the same.

Note: when I say "at least" G12-SD balls, I imply that WGT could do even better and issue Legend balls with 3 distance increments and a minimum of 2 feel increments. Spin, I don't know. The landing must remain real.

Not that I have the reflexes of Lee but I am starting to do pretty well with the Super-Tri using the tour-sd ball. No feel and If anything if I miss the ding it is too early not too late. My last round was sort of a yo-yo round. Our CC tourney at Kia. The front side I had my best 9 hole score on Kia. A 31 with 9 putts. 7 one putt greens 1 two putt and 1 chip in. On the backside I guess I got too excited thinking I might get my first really great score and started clicking way too early and made 5 bogies ending up -1. But it did show me 2 things. 1 I can time the fast meter with a no feel ball and I can putt really well with the Master Redwood. Even with the poor backside I only had 26 putts.

• bartjones
    72 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 7:15 PM

Sargenjd01:
    ok, I can accept the greens, even the gale force winds on every hole at SA, how about a frickin driver that goes 300 from the death tee's and balls that stick, Agreed! 240 yards on a par 3 give me a frickin break!

Is this the first time in WGT's history that players have been moved to a more difficult level without also being given the option to purchase better clubs to deal with the more demanding conditions? I know that in the year I have been playing, every time I moved up to a new level, I had the choice to buy better clubs to help me hit the longer distance. Why is that not the case this time for those of us who got bumped up to Legend? Can someone from WGT answer that one?

• PAGES
RSS