Forums

Help › Forums

New update, a fair assessment after careful thought.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 4 2010 11:51 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GGLG2010
    22 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:53 PM

I have to say that WGT's new update has its merits, especially after the loosening of its initial Pro Shop policy, which was misguided and unfair to old members.

The new tiers are a good initiative and I welcome the extreme challenge at hand, given the playing conditions of my tier; i.e., Legend. The game actually feels more real. So kudos to WGT and the hell with my 58.XX average!

My residual complaint is all the more serious as I'm now dealing with these extreme conditions. It concerns the meter and its inconsistent behavior or occasional choppiness, which throws off one's focus and wrecks games, maddeningly. This problem has been brought up by many other members, and I ask WGT to do everything in its power to solve it and advise us members on the best way to maximize the smoothness of the meter from our end, besides the obvious lowering of graphical options.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:59 PM

Sure would not want to be a new Master after the September 10th deadline....WGT needs to make the same offer to upgrade equipment to any one whose tier changes following the 10th...otherwise many will leave the game because they will not be able to adequately compete in their new tier...harve

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:30 PM

ill answer that gg..they will tell you to clean your cache..spend more money and get fooked..only the insiders have the secret to a perfect meter

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:40 PM

There is no such thing as the perfect meter, that's really my biggest issue with the game.  I really don't care about how fast the green is or how far back I have to hit from being a legend, the fact is that all legends are hitting from the same distance so it's not that big of a deal, we simply have to all adjust.  The new changes is actually going to make the game more realistic because the score for the most part wont be in the 50's anymore.  In real golf 59 is an exceptional score in this game before the update 59 would be a good score because a lot of players had averages below 59.  They just need to do something about the meter, once the meter is fixed the game will be a lot better.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:55 PM

Good day all,,  I like the new game,   and im sorry but i dont understand,  I  "cleaned house"   and my meter is just fine 

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:52 PM

The only way I can get the meter to behave fairly well, with a glitch only once in a while, is to play full screen. I just played the St Andrews front 9, in full screen, and not a single glitch. I've gotten so used to it now, that it looks wrong if I'm not playing in fullscreen mode.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:53 PM

have you tried chrome iron ziggy?

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:52 PM

hbthree:

Sure would not want to be a new Master after the September 10th deadline....WGT needs to make the same offer to upgrade equipment to any one whose tier changes following the 10th...otherwise many will leave the game because they will not be able to adequately compete in their new tier...harve

That would make the levels completely pointless though. If we could buy which clubs we wanted whenever we wanted it, what is the point with the levels?

I think they are a good idea. But I'm naturally a tad worried what will happen if I do make Master and won't be able to get better equipment. Then again, I'm probably better off with Rapture anyway as it's hell on Earth to control the 2.5 meterspeed. I'd rather hit the Fairway than hit the rough 30 yards further up.

• bartjones
    72 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:04 PM

Pangaea:
    I'd rather hit the Fairway than hit the rough 30 yards further up.

Once you level up high enough you won't be hitting the fairway at all with those Raptures.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:17 PM

I suppose you're right about that (or people wouldn't be so mad about it), but I'll worry about that when/if I get there. I suppose Raptures could be manageable at Master level (same tees as before, isn't it?) and I seriously doubt I will ever make it to Legend.

• PAGES
RSS