Forums

Help › Forums

say goodbye to my money wgt

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:00 PM (6 replies)
  • LFARRELL
    49 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 12:48 PM

congradulations WGT you finally found a way to screw up a good game by your relentless pursuit of the ol mighty dollar.please dont insult me by saying the changes were user requested because if you had any clue what we want you wouldnt of implemented the most ridicilous new features that one could ever imagine.for example if i play 600 more games i might reach a level where i could buy equipment i already have.thats just dumb plain and simple as far as tiers go the legend tier should of been reserved for players with a 59.0 avg or lower i mean get a clue.i could go on 4ever but i wont.i played every single day for the last 14months and i mean everyday just look at your records.im afraid to think of the money i spent here well 1 thing is for sure WGT will not see 1 more cent from me and i realize that im only 1 person so i doubt you will miss me but if wgt dont get their heads out of their ass u can be sure more will follow.way to go WGT  you lost a cash paying customer,keep up the good work........

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:13 PM

Sorry to hear you feel that way Leon, you're a really good guy and I have enjoyed your company whilst playing. I do however understand your sentiments and feel the same way about the crazy decisions WGT have made. I will however give them the benefit of some time to think things over before throwing the towel in myself.

• wiscb
    28 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:16 PM

I couldn`t agree with you more Leon, Did they send out voting ballets(for the rediculous tier changes) or just from people complaining? I have never been recognized before by wgt. And now i`m a Legend? I agree,legends are players that shot those great scores on a regular basis. And the masters that wgt recognizes.If it was to level the playing field in trnys,just apply it to trnys then. I use to enjoy this game.I`m lossing interest,very fast. Once again,i payed my dues.TIME, MONEY,AND TONS OF PRACTICE,did i mention money? Something needs to be done wgt.Or you will be lossing many more loyal and commited players like Leon.

• RampantFrenzy
    106 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:29 PM

I was looking forward to buying all sorts of new clubs when the changes went live....

and I probably still will...

6 months from now when I get the 40+ levels required to buy clubs that could be considered an improvement over what Im now using..

maybe I was mistaken or read something wrong.. but I was under the impression that I would have access to all sorts of clubs previously locked by tier..

its great that they are indeed addressing concerns of players on the green speeds.. and those poor souls who got bumped to new tees without a chance to get the drivers needed to reach from their new tees..

but in my opinion... the default levels of 20 and 30 for existing pros and masters are way too low or the required levels of equipment is too high...

it would also be my guess.. with the current setup.. new people are going to be making pro and master months and months before they attain a level high enough to buy effective clubs..

FWIW.. I like what they have done with the tiers and it seems to me.. other than the bumping people before they have a chance to get the right clubs.. most people are into the new tiers and green speeds

its the whole experience for existing players, lvl required for equipment.. and experience given for playing that is broken

not really sure if this post fits with the topic of your thread.. sry about that

/rant

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:37 PM

LFARRELL:

congradulations WGT you finally found a way to screw up a good game by your relentless pursuit of the ol mighty dollar.please dont insult me by saying the changes were user requested because if you had any clue what we want you wouldnt of implemented the most ridicilous new features that one could ever imagine.for example if i play 600 more games i might reach a level where i could buy equipment i already have.thats just dumb plain and simple as far as tiers go the legend tier should of been reserved for players with a 59.0 avg or lower i mean get a clue.i could go on 4ever but i wont.i played every single day for the last 14months and i mean everyday just look at your records.im afraid to think of the money i spent here well 1 thing is for sure WGT will not see 1 more cent from me and i realize that im only 1 person so i doubt you will miss me but if wgt dont get their heads out of their ass u can be sure more will follow.way to go WGT  you lost a cash paying customer,keep up the good work........

Leon sorry you feel this way bud i ve enjoyed the many games we had together in guilds ,ladders etc hope you reconsider after a small time out,maybe wgt will bring out new legend clubs who knows we can only hope,wgt has lost a good guy,take care my friend.

• TerrySpina
    30 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:58 PM

Look at the current leader of the week 36-9 hole unlimited play tourney...lol.. shenda.. only been playing since Aug 25th .. .. I see red flaggz.. I've been around since the first of the year took me monthz to reach master.... I may be outta here soon also..

• dirtyoldman533
    5 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:00 PM

I'm in full agreement with Leon. The programer who designed this so called update should be fired immediately and the supervisor who OK'd it's implementation also. This is more like a hockey game now, take your slapshot and deal with where your ball ends up. I use to use a calculator to figure distance, windage, etc.. Now I aim for 38ft and get 26 with a 14 mph tailwind. Whats up with that? You really ruined a good game.

RSS