Help › Forums

Need some better drivers

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 8 2010 9:54 AM (22 replies)
  • Mem11
    199 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:42 AM

PugsAce:
    Nup. Don't see that in the link provided.

Link

WGTadmin2:
    The equipment that is unlocked by leveling will perform slightly different than the old tier equipment.  Slight tweaks were made to make them easier to hit.

WGTadmin2:
    They have adjusted swing meters

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:43 AM

From the link:

WGTAdmin2 says,

"The equipment that is unlocked by leveling will perform slightly different than the old tier equipment.  Slight tweaks were made to make them easier to hit."

I take it that tweaks were already made to new equipment that will be able to be unlocked. These items may not even be in the pro shop yet.

"They have adjusted swing meters"

I don't see any differences in the swing meters of the "similar equipment" in the pro shop's current inventory.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:46 AM

PugsAce:
    I take it that tweaks were already made to new equipment that will be able to be unlocked. These items may not even be in the pro shop yet.

I interpreted it the same way. They already said our 'old' clubs would stay the same, and I can't say I've noticed any difference in them. But it's conceivable the new clubs will be slightly different, though we don't know yet how. Just that they're supposed to be slightly easier to hit. For all we know, maybe the swing meter speed has been lowered a little bit across the board, so 2.5 of the new clubs equals 2 on the old ones, or something like that. Time will tell.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:53 AM

Thnx SC :)

It says quite clearly in black and white that theyve been tweaked to make them easier to hit.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 9:54 AM

Soulcatcher:

overthetop2:

Woah Woah Spacklero... there's no statisical difference between the two versions of the driver, you sure you're facts are right?

LINK

I believe that you have to read the WGT response in that thread with the OP in mind. The original question was, what was  the difference between the two same drivers.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:01 AM

Pangaea:

For all we know, maybe the swing meter speed has been lowered a little bit across the board, so 2.5 of the new clubs equals 2 on the old ones, or something like that. Time will tell.

Excellent insight, Pan.

After Friday (supposedly), the "old tier" equipment will disappear. Perhaps then is when we'll see a change in the meter of the "new SuperTri" (for example). But if this change comes without - sayyy... a decrease in max yardage - I'd be thoroughly surprised if not slightly incensed! 

We've been "conditioned" to believe, here @ WGT, that if we want "better" equipment, we have to pay for it. If a "better version" of a club is offered without at least a price adjustment, I'd have to really question the reasoning behind any of my future purchases.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:06 AM

Pugs, As SC stated you need to read the OP's original question:

swdeva:
    What is the difference between the R9 TP 8.5 Driver (L77+) and the R9 TP 8.5 Master Driver(L0+) other than price a levels, the stats for both Drivers are the same. It seems to me that the Driver that cost more and at a higher level would be better than the one that cost less and at lower level. Maybe am missing something.

Answer:

WGTadmin2:
    The equipment that is unlocked by leveling will perform slightly different than the old tier equipment.  Slight tweaks were made to make them easier to hit.

If you don't believe something has changed, then we'll just have to agree to disagree or wait until WGTadmin2 clarifies this :-)

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:07 AM

Soulcatcher:

I believe that you have to read the WGT response in that thread with the OP in mind. The original question was, what was  the difference between the two same drivers.

I think WGTAdmin2 was responding to Richard's post of WGTA2's earlier comment.

But, only WGTAdmin2 can tell us which. Context is sooo important. I DO see your point and it WOULD make sense if indeed he was responding to the OP and not Rich's post immediately preceding his reply:

Richard4168:

WGTadmin2:
    There will be a mixture of tournaments including some with 7 tiers. Also the equipment list is always growing and improving but it is not set in stone and I do not know if the level equipment will be better than the current clubs in the future.

edit: had to get the context right... sry

• BogadoCesar
    13 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:10 AM

Ace, read the thread until the end. This is what WGTadmin2 said there:

Pangaea:

Could you expand on that? What does it mean in practice?

WGTadmin2:

They have adjusted swing meters

There you go.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 10:20 AM

BogadoCesar:

Ace, read the thread until the end. This is what WGTadmin2 said there:

Yep. Did. Nothing shows up in the "details" that are given in the pro shop (see the previous links to the images in my previous post), however. THAT, I believe, is the crux of the thread, hence the confusion that I, and some others may share.

I assume nothing, though. Especially when it comes to the inner workings here at WGT. I'm content to wait 'til WGTAdmin2, or another mod chooses to help sort this out.

RSS