Forums

Help › Forums

Just Remove Purchasing Restrictions for Sanity's Sake

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 22 2010 9:22 AM (31 replies)
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 5:56 PM

WHAT THE HELLS..going on here..i sold my R9 R Tri master..then i tried to buy R9 TP Master driver..WGT SAID NO.. your not at level 77..huh i had a better driver they took it then said no to me buying a lesser driver..Plus..i couln't buy it back WGT..WRONG...LEVEL 77 WHAT THE FRICK..what play thousand games then i can buy..YOUR right our money isn't good here.....Not a Happy Player here at WGT

Calling WGT, WGT please come in WGT, I believe you should acknowledge WGT. Wow, fellow player that really sucks. Wish I could offer some type of help, other then "Goodluck".

• RHawkman
    21 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:27 PM

google tiger woods online.  I play both WGT and that.  WGT is far prettier and has more potential.  Sadly I fear that potential is never going to be realized.

• Errant
    72 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 2:49 AM

If you look at the road map features you'll see how WGT's going to be making a lot of their money in the future. Experience Point accelerators! This is why most of the equipment it set at such high levels. In order to get your new clubs, you have to spend money on accelerators to get your level up. Is it starting to make sense yet?

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 3:08 AM

VilaRestal:

I'm sure that's the theory behind it Pangaea:

Pangaea:

Now with so many levels to go through before you can get (former)  master clubs, and roughly 5 levels between each club, players are more likely to gradually buy better clubs, and hence spend more money...

... It's not unlikely players get fed up of waiting (or don't know better) and buy club after club, gradually increasing length and/or accuracy.

Firstly, I'm not talking about having more tiers and changing the greens. That will increase sales in the short term.

I just think that those who do behave as you suggest (and there will be some) will be far outnumbered by those who think "what's the point I won't buy anything".

It seems to me WGT is dreaming up ways of getting more money out of it's existing customers (those members who have spent money already) instead of looking to grow.

If their profits go up as a result of this (and perhaps they will) I'm sure one or more of the directors/managers will feel very pleased with themselves at how clever and devious they've been. They would be dead wrong. The profits would go up anyway! The measure is at what rate over what time-scale.

It's a great game (great graphics) and a great site. More and more people will try it and like it. Many of them will think "I might actually invest some money to get some good clubs". To their bemusement they will find they are not allowed to. They will just not bother buying what they can see to be third rate stuff. They will also rightly presume that their custom is not really wanted.

Also, WGT cannot keep doing this. Each time they do the short-term profits it will generate will be less and less. It is so short-sighted and unambitious it's tragic.

Go for growth WGT! Not squeezing as much as you can out of existing customers. Businesses that do that go bust sooner or later.

And I repeat: no sensible business restricts what its customers can buy. Only WGT in their infinite stupidity.

Dude I don't understand something, is it anger because you feel WGT is screwing you over or the customer base? Personally if I was that angry, I would have to go find some other source of entertainment.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 3:13 AM

Errant:

If you look at the road map features you'll see how WGT's going to be making a lot of their money in the future. Experience Point accelerators! This is why most of the equipment it set at such high levels. In order to get your new clubs, you have to spend money on accelerators to get your level up. Is it starting to make sense yet?

Yes I have seen that in a ton of different MMO's, seems to be the future of on line gaming. Here's the difference.

WGT will allow people to continue to play for free. It will even let you earn credits via special options such as survey participation. Need a credit card? That can lead to more credits.

Im not saying IM in total agreement with everything there doing. I am saying that you can come in here, enjoy a fine game and have the opportunity to play for free even if that path is painfully slow.

• Errant
    72 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 3:40 AM

I have no problem with WGT making money. The way I see it, the more money WGT makes, the better chance we have of getting new courses.

I'll be the first in line to buy  Experience Point accelerators.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 4:52 AM

Errant:
    I'll be the first in line to buy  Experience Point accelerators

This might be something other than actually purchasing something. You might be getting accelerators from things like Tournaments, opening a CC, making a particular award, etc.

There has to be something going on for the future that isn't making a whole lot of sense now but may eventually. Income from the Pro Shop is apparently low on the list or else they wouldn't have locked it. Pangaea's observation may explain that particular oddity but we're only seeing bits and pieces of WGT's grand master plan, IMO.

Maybe if WGT came out and stated what their ultimate goal with this game is some of the confusion might be lessened. 

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 5:48 AM

Errant:
    I have no problem with WGT making money. The way I see it, the more money WGT makes, the better chance we have of getting new courses.

I'll be the first in line to buy  Experience Point accelerators.

No problem with them making money, as long as it becomes part of developing a product that is fun challenging and enjoyable. I don't like the 'purchase experience' suggestion, then it just becomes a matter of whomever forks out the most cash becomes the best, more quickly.

That is/was the charm of this environment, it made you work your way through the tiers and earn your experience through, well, experience. If realism is what we are looking for, and I think most are, buying your way to a better game isn't the answer. Currently, when you work your way up and earn the opportunity to purchase better clubs, there is a learning curve that goes with it, and it is a natural progression to the next tier. Hope that doesn't go away for the sake of letting someone pony up to skip the learning curve.

• AllSaints
    5 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 6:19 AM

The probrem is the advantage of the older players vs the new player. I will loose ever for too many months.

New players leave from this game because anothers play more easy and it is frustrating. Why paying and playing at a frustrating game?

Where is the business for wgt if new player go out?

Why don't limit the equipment of the older players at their level? When they reach the necessary level the equiqment upgrades automatically at the right level without sell and rebuy.

Sorry for bad english

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 7:41 AM

YankeeJim:
    This might be something other than actually purchasing something. You might be getting accelerators from things like Tournaments, opening a CC, making a particular award, etc.

You nailed it Jim!

It is only a matter of time before......................

WGT Announces Partnership with Nintendo!

RSS