Help › Forums

Ok seriously ..... suggestions with a bit of griping

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 1 2009 8:38 AM (41 replies)
  • Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 7:59 AM

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/2257/10772.aspx#10772

Read the link it's the best I could do to explain it for you.  If you don't agree that's fine, but I suggest you take a deep breath.  You may not like my opinion, but it no more flawed than your own.

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 8:38 AM

Thetruth, with all due respect, I get your side of the fence. I respect that. But what you aren't getting here is that you are a little off on what makes golf what it is. Tiger and Phil may be elite but even the smallest slappys are still hitting 260 or so. This, unless there are extreme conditions, doesn't let you do that. Most here that are complaining don't care about accuracy because accuracy is something that can be practiced on a game like this. What most care about is playing a realistic round of golf which means chosing clubs, taking chances and hitting realistic distances. For that to happen, it would include NOT having to hit 3rd shots into 4-5 Par 4s. It isn't like we are talking about 1 hole here. If you read the hole descriptions even some Par 5s say they can be reached in 2 if you want to chance it. That is impossible for the most part here. So despite what a small few can shoot here, the majority feels in the cold because in real life many of us can hit the ball.

In REAL golf a guy like Tiger might be able to hit 290-300 but he has been known to spray it. They just have great recovery abilities. So if a person on this game isn't a good driver. maybe they can gain more by shortening it up and being more accurate....like in real life. What you are explaining isn't real. It is a game flaw that some like because they'd rather hit short and see if they can find the pin. You can do that in a game with more distance....try lower clubs...maybe a 2-iron or hybrid. The point is, in real life, with distance, comes less accuracy at times. Most would rather play that way and try to scramble than scrambling when you are automatically hitting out of an unforgiving first cut of rough(which is also a joke for a first cut) after a perfect drive. No one plays for bogey on the tour. I don't see flaws in my argument because it is how golf is played.

But I completely respect your view and passion. I just don't think it is realistic when I'm playing the ball pretty well on BPB but have to shoot low the first few holes knowing I'm shooting for bogey in some places in the late front 9 and early back 9. If I want to be aggressive and slam a wild long drive out there, then that should be the option, like they do in real life. With the rough the way it is, I'd have to learn to deal with it.

RSS