New levels and clubs...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:57 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BigRedNewfie
    205 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 11:48 AM

ST3F0:

Now that you need to make a lot of points to buy good clubs if you are new to the game like me you have a huge disadvantage against players who bought clubs before the levels were created. What do you think about it?

I have the pro clubs but I got bumped up to master from pro when the levels were implemented. Now I tee off the master tees and can't reach some greens in 2 ... same disadvantage. I needed alot of points the get the master clubs.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:57 PM

I agree. My first post was hasty.

The people that were bumped up a tier with no chance to buy should be allowed the chance as how the new levels were set was.... how shall we say....arbitrary......

• dcassman
    19 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 5:18 PM

To the (stoop)  CEO  who authorized the new program apparently doesn't care about you and I.Probably just sitting back in his fine leather chair watching and paying others to screw with what got him there. Here's an idea Mr. CEO, why don't you let them spend their time and the monies you have richly collected from us fine tuning the games. We know the final word comes down from you. I'm tired of seeing and hearing that your on it and will be resolved, when next year when your profit margin dictates? It just might be sooner than you think Mr. CEO!!!!

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:41 PM

karkarius:

I wonder how these changes on the club purchasing is going to effect the company's profits. It would seem they'll stop making as much money now. Does anyone wonder if it will remain if that happens?

Good point!   I always thought the purpose of having a Pro Shop was to sell, sell, sell!   Can't do that if they LOCK UP the inventory. lol!

Which brings up another point.  The level points needed to buy new clubs is ridiculous.   If you need to be a level 70 to buy a new driver, then you really don't need it... your game, average, and playing ability is good already.

Someone at WGT needs to re-configure these levels for the clubs.   They do not make sense.   How can the Rapture and Burner drivers, with the same characteristics be at different levels in order to purchase them?

WGT?   You won't make any money if you make it difficult for players to purchase clubs.    Simple as that!   

• WeeDode
    10 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:57 AM

I'm another who falls into the sudden master category.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:34 AM

aceydeucey:
    WGT?   You won't make any money if you make it difficult for players to purchase clubs.    Simple as that!   

They changed it last night. Check out what's now available.  :-)

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:36 AM

YJ

Have you noticed they are horrible about announcing news, I noticed the change but did not see anything posted about it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:39 AM

Sargenjd01:

YJ

Have you noticed they are horrible about announcing news, I noticed the change but did not see anything posted about it.

LOL-Me neither, I stumbled across iit in a post on the WGTLS site. The good news is this will help a lot of players in their new tiers.  :-)

• Seekerb
    651 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:14 AM

Soulcatcher:

They told us things were going to change. They even put most of the equipment on sale for 2 weeks.

Are you at a disadvantage? Yes. Did you have the same opportunity to buy as everyone else? Yes.

I can't really see the issue.

Soul Catcher The only problem with the sale was that we did not know what was coming.  I heard rumours that there were to be new clubs.  Wgt even advertised them before the sale, might have been a week or so.  I went looking for them but could not find them.  They were just an add.  When there are sales you can assume in some industries that they are getting rid of old products to make way for new ones.  I bought a stack of balls because I was happy with the current balls.  I stayed off any club purchases, partly because I did not need them and it was more to satisfy my curiosity with experimenting and also because I was curious to see what the new clubs were.  Then the up date blocked from any clubs on my tier or most below and no new clubs.  I think many were caught by the unexpectedness of what they did.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:21 AM

People, your missing the point here. You old pros who straddled the line between pro/master for SO long, this is your reward for not making master when you should have. I am average at best here, made pro in half a week. If you have an ounce of talent the master tier was simply too easy to achieve before imo. Sarge, please stop you sound like a serial cry baby now. I don't understand what all the fuss is about, the ball is still just sitting there waiting to be hit and the hole is the same size. Btw my average has ALWAYS been at 65, that made me a legend? WGT did a great job bumping people up who needed it. This is what it is now, just go play. JB

• PAGES
RSS