Help › Forums

New levels and clubs...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:57 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ST3F0
    12 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:58 AM

Now that you need to make a lot of points to buy good clubs if you are new to the game like me you have a huge disadvantage against players who bought clubs before the levels were created. What do you think about it?

• 101Armstrong101
    21 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:42 PM
    l think th direct opposite....l just got waxed by a amature in a match play challange for 101 credits my opponenet had a 50 to 80 yard advantage off every tee box.....l didnt have a chance,not to mention they were a very good player who took advantage and the money and ran. l think it was all ploy to get people to spend more money.
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:48 PM

They told us things were going to change. They even put most of the equipment on sale for 2 weeks.

Are you at a disadvantage? Yes. Did you have the same opportunity to buy as everyone else? Yes.

I can't really see the issue.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:07 PM

Soulcatcher- I'm on your side regarding those who actually had an opportunity. There remains a group of us who were transformed from pro to master BY the actual programming changes. We had no opportunity to buy master clubs under the old program and are blocked from buying drivers that will reach all of the fairways under the new program. That group of players should be allowed a one time driver buy since that inequity was created by WGT and is no fault of their own.

• bigdaddie1
    2,694 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:40 PM
    Agree 100%. After three hours of constant play, I made it to level 31. At that pace it will take two months to achieve a 70+ level to get the clubs required for the master level. By then I will have an average so high, even TIGER & LEFTY taking my shots for a month would not be able to get me back to normal.
  • CaptainShank
    26 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 2:48 PM

Well said...     The issue here is not the level system.  The issue is the pace of play for obtaining points.  At the tourmaster level 30, which seems to be the same around, it will take months, if not years to get to a level around 70.  Some of the equipment is in the 80's to unlock and that is insane.  By the time I or most players would be able to unlock any decent equipment they would have avg's way above their level and I am sure there would be another update changing things. 

WGT, please take a look at the points system.  Started to believe this is going to be a beta program for life.  Dissapointing...

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:02 PM

Nice touch on that increased green speed.  I played 6 holes at Oakmont with a friend and couldn't figure out why my putts were going by like race cars.  I hit a 3.5 foot birdie putt on #2 8 feet by the hole and managed to 4 putt #9

• 101Armstrong101
    21 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 3:11 PM
    l could not agree with you more ..........lm in that very group mentioned above.
  • karkarius
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 4:30 PM

I wonder how these changes on the club purchasing is going to effect the company's profits. It would seem they'll stop making as much money now. Does anyone wonder if it will remain if that happens?

• ST3F0
    12 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 4:12 AM

srellim234:

Soulcatcher- I'm on your side regarding those who actually had an opportunity. There remains a group of us who were transformed from pro to master BY the actual programming changes. We had no opportunity to buy master clubs under the old program and are blocked from buying drivers that will reach all of the fairways under the new program. That group of players should be allowed a one time driver buy since that inequity was created by WGT and is no fault of their own.

Exactly.

• PAGES
RSS