Forums

Help › Forums

Ellis****s?

Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:07 PM (24 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 5:20 PM

And equally as important, what exactly about p_i_c would trigger a profanity filter? If this was done due to the leading 's', you would expect the entire word to be filtered, but not when embedded within a word.....

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 5:46 PM

ROFL. I always love stupid profanity filters. Means I can't say that I used to own a cockatiel.

As a programmer I always enjoy having a laugh at someone else's inability to code something up in a sensible way. ;)

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:05 PM

C'mon WGT, it's day 6 with my name still fucked up. (I wonder if that last word got through the filter?). It's about time you fixed it! I want to be EllisSpice again!

EDIT: Wow, nothing filtered that time, which is a first since the update. But if my name isn't filtered when typed now, how come my username is?

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:13 PM

Just a shot inna dark... go change your password. I think it's about the only thing you CAN change here w/o a mod's help. Maybe it'll "reset" yer username, too.

GL

PugsAss PugsAce  ;)

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:22 PM

I was going to, when I noticed it said this:

Change Password Ellis***e

I'm beginning to think WGT has actually got and changed my name now, just to be annoying. But I thought WGT couldn't change people's names?

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 1:34 PM

Ellis***e:

I was going to, when I noticed it said this:

Change Password Ellis***e

I'm beginning to think WGT has actually got and changed my name now, just to be annoying. But I thought WGT couldn't change people's names?

A very cons***uous attempt, if they indeed did.... LMAO

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:57 AM
    Good work there Ellis. Keep up the fight! At least I can see what bit of my name is considered a profanity, I have no idea what is wrong with yours lol. You are right, I think some serious compensation should be in order from WGT for the deep mental trauma this is causing us. Say 1,000 credits per day it carries on? I'll get my best lawyers onto it ;) (Actually I think it's quite a laugh, but don't tell anyone)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 7:09 AM

Just looking at this thread on the threads overview page made me  :

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 8:49 AM

Day 7, and I've timed this post to be at the same time as WGTSky is online. I know you're there Sky, and I know you can help!

C'mon, me and JohnHancock have suffered enough (OK, maybe his was though laughing, but still). Change it back or get us some clubs or credits. We've been hard hit by this. We may never be the same again!

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 9:16 AM

What I don't get is how come we seem to be the only ones out of thousands of players affected by this.  Surely there are more out there? 

If not then the only reason can be that someone at WGT hates us and is having a laugh at our expense lol.

RSS