Forums

Help › Forums

Ellis****s?

Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:07 PM (24 replies)
  • EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:50 AM

It seems that WGT has improved their swear-word filter, and I welcome that.

But can I have my old username back please?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 7:54 AM

This is priceless! Something has gone seriously wrong there. Another word I have noticed is censored now is "reputation". (I had to employ extra measures to bring that word to you in the previous sentence.)  

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 10:09 AM

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL LOLvLOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:36 AM

Sorry man but toooo funny. :)

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 12:07 PM

LM**O

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:09 PM

In all seriousness, can me, Ellis***e, and JohnHan*** get our names back? Also, I see that re***tion, ac***ulation and do***ent are all bleeped words too now.

Maybe get rid of the swear filter?

• Unsy93
    15 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:43 PM

Too funny :')

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:59 AM

Hello again from Case No.0010084. It seems that, after 3 days of having my names like this, it still hasn't been fixed, but other, more major problems, like the Pro Shop, Green Speeds and Weekly Tourneys have been.

HOWEVER, I didn't care about any of these problems (for myself anyway). Instead, I had a bigger, much more rare problems... I've had part of my name taken away!

I've mentioned this on at least 5 different threads that have involved Admins and Mods, and, as you can see, made a thread just for it. I've never, as you should, sent a e-mail to WGT themselves, asking for the problem to be fixed, thus why I have the case number.

C'mon WGT, you've fixed the big problems. Now can you fix this tiny one? (And, if you can't, can I get some free clubs for my troubles?)

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 9:05 AM

This is incredibly easy to solve. Make sure the banned word is written as an actual word, and not in another word. It should be a tickbox in admin settings somewhere. At least in forum software I've used before.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:22 AM

Day 4, and still no reply from WGT. C'mon, you know that I'm going to keep asking, so why don't you just change it back? And don't go blaming Labor Day weekend, because you had all the time in the world to change it back beforehand!

(And I'm keeping my alternative offer. If you can't change my name back, for whatever reason, I'd like some of the best Pro clubs, free of change please. Now that, I know you can do!) 

RSS