Help › Forums

Tiers - How are they determined?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 8 2009 8:04 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 9:18 AM

The tier criteria does need a bit of adjusting.

Hopefully WGT does so soon.   There's way too many people in the Master tier who do not belong there, myself included!  :)

• WilliamGCash
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 12:04 PM

I've only been playing this game for a week, and I just got bumped up to pro.    Damn, there's no chance of me hitting the green on par 4s now, especially in Bethpage.  

I'm a little dissapointed at this, I should not be a pro, I've never even hit close to par on any of the courses.  :(

• NTheRuff
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 1:27 PM

Im glad I'm not alone in this; my average has never been below about an 81, and having played Bethpage a couple of times and then been plunked into the Pro tier (straight from Hack to Pro), I now seem to be getting worse thanks to the basic clubs and greater lengths. Maybe it's a ploy to get me to pay for credits to get better clubs? Which I refuse to do--I like WGT but not enough to commit money to it. 

• hanleyp
    3 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 1:39 PM

if i am now at the pro tier how come when i play a ranked round i don't get to use the pro tees i have to use the tournment tees?

• jillweb
    3 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 7:28 PM

A tip for you,

When the swing bar get's stuck, then takes off again, just let it go. It will not cost you a shot.

Then start again.

• prc36x3
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 12:29 PM

Before Bethpage, my average floated around 67-69 and I was ranked Amateur.  I was suddenly ranked as a Master and my average has gone up to 77+.  I don't mind staying on the Tournament tees for the US Open, but Kiawah is definitely less fun now.  Will my ranking go down if my average stays where it is?

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 1:38 PM

We will adjust the tee boxes for the tiers in the next release the pro tees are too far back. As for the master tier we will find a way to get the highly competitive players into a different tier in the future.  The fact is that if you are in the master tier you probably have been competing with the top players in the previous amateur tier already.

• Pressto
    56 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2009 7:48 AM

The fact is that if you are in the master tier you probably have been competing with the top players in the previous amateur tier already.

You can look at my score history and find this not true in all cases.

What I think happened in my case is the game zeroed in on just a few good rounds I had when I bought my tour starter set and was still on the hack tees. Once I got moved to the amateur tees after those few rounds I was fighting to try to get my avg below 70 again, yet the game seems to think I am a "master".

Do I get a good round every now and then? Sure, but my real and accurate average does not reflect the tier I am in now.

I mentioned this before on what you state in your FAQ is not actually happening:

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#tiers

You must play Ranked stroke play rounds or Stroke Play tournament rounds to change your tier. Our calculation takes your ten best out of your most recent fourteen scores and applies a weighted index to determine your tier.

Go look at my complete score history and you will find this is not happening.

• Ryanzio
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2009 2:03 PM

Hope they make change to the tees or the tiers soon, i started playing yesterday have played maybe 10 rounds or so with a best few in the high 70's, however everytime i start to get used to a certain tee and figure where i want to hit my shots then i get bumped back 1 tee and now on the tournament tees on certain holes even on kiawah 2 good shots are not enough to make the green on a par 4.

• dacsyr1
    26 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2009 8:04 PM

You are correct. I liked playing with tibbits and icon and niv and others; however, I was never very competitive with them except on the occasional excellent round. I count all my scores and I am an 80 average now. When we were ametures I could should a 63 at best but tibbits might shoot a 58. Now He shoots a 62 and I shoot an 78 or 80.  I had a chance or two at an eagle now the only eagles possible are on par 3s lol. I used to birdie more than bogie. Now I at the most get 2 birdies per round and 10  or so bogies. I will not even think about paying to play in a tourney now. At least before I could get on a hot streak and shoot in the low sixties. Now no chance. Can't even shoot par on any of the courses except the front nine of PB on a rare occasion. Please put me in the pro group where I can at least be competitive...

• PAGES
RSS