Help › Forums

Tiers - How are they determined?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 8 2009 8:04 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • billy0910
    3 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2009 8:28 PM

After playing 350 Ranked rounds, I went from the Hack tier to the Amateur tier.  Now having played 354 Ranked rounds I am now in the Pro tier.  And my average is 78...!!!  Does anyone know what criteria is used to determine which tier you are placed in?  I really feel like a mistake was made when I was placed in the Pro tier.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• mysterydfl
    5 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 2:33 PM

im with ya on that

• GolferJosh
    2 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 2:58 PM

I was upped to pro as well and hate it.  I don't play tournaments or anything and still have the same

crap clubs so I can't reach the greens anymore.  I can't play in groups because I'm not competitive

so all I do now is practice.  I'll probably quit playing soon.  Too bad.

• CoyoteRys
    2 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 5:22 PM

I hope this is a bug, because I also just recently was listed as a PRO tier player, and my avg. is 77.

I'm nowhere near pro level, and hope this gets fixed.

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 5:25 PM

all the levels changed though. everyone under 70 is master, it seems 70-80 is pro, 80-90 is am, and over 90 is hack. From what I can tell.

Also once you reach a tier, you stay there, even if your avg gets worse. Which is why some people are in master tier with avg over 70. Cause bethpage is raising the avgs

• dacsyr1
    26 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 9:04 PM

It does seem strange that I am a master with 4 levels! I am no where near the level of Tibbits and Icon and Nivlac etc... Yet my prepetual 67 - 73 average has put me in the Master level. I was sure with the new levels that it would seperate the real master and players at my level.

Love Beth Page even though I am shooting 10 over! lol

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 9:22 PM

I was confused to be placed in the Masters tier as well, because the admins had said getting into these tiers would be very difficult. While I'm flattered they thought I was good enough, I certainly don't think I'm Masters tier quality. At most maybe a Pro, but even that would probably be pushing it.

I wonder in the hacking and sandbagging caused some fluctuation in the cutoffs for the tiers, moving them severely higher than they ought to be??

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2009 11:18 PM

Actually, I was over  80 and placed in Pro.  Consequently, I'm placed at the yellow tees at Kiawah, which in itself is a treat - I do love a challenge.  But my skill level is novice at best in this simulation and the increased hole lengths, though a ton o'fun, are tough for my issued clubs.  My average since yesterday has gone up to 85.26, farther and farther away from what I think would be Pro.

With practice, I might improve enough to warrant the Pro designation.  But I would rather graduate to Pro than be required to meet the requirements after the fact.

On top of that, I've developed something of a Charles Barkley hitch in my swing.  The backswing is fine.  Somewhere along the swing plane, with my timing set in my mind as to when to hit the button,  the slider stops.   And , And, And, Wait, -- and it shoots across and stops again and I Click-it only to end up with  a lost ball.

Not very different from my real game.

An opinion if I may; while golf is a game, I think of WGT as a simulation, and  a good one at that.  Mario Bros golf is a game.

Cheers.

• stuofthegame
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 1:56 AM

I'm in the same boat ....76.65 and in the pro tier...RIGHT. What a CROCK.

• DP0221
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 9:09 AM

I'm curious about the cutoff for tiers, as well. My average at the time the change was put in was 67.8.  I was placed in the masters tier, but the top players in the pro tier all have averages in the mid to high 66's. Why am I in the tier above them? Pro would have made sense to me, Masters does not. This has to be some some sort of bug in the ranking of players.

• PAGES
RSS